Priceline Hotel: 2* Cedar City Days Inn

XT600
By XT600,
in

Since nothing has been reported on the board, it might be a good idea to go to PRICELINE and look at which hotels it offers the conventional way (not name-your-price). This will give you an idea of the hotels and star ratings that you may end up with if you decide to go with name your price. But it's not guaranteed that every hotel offering rooms the conventional way will offer rooms with Name-Your-Price.

It looks like there are various 1-3* options in Cedar City.

This is at least a place to start.

I made a $55 bid for 2* hotel (marked as "best deal")in Cedar City and got the DaysInn Cedar City :)

1. on Expedia it's a 1,5 Star

2. priceline not "name your price" shows $59 so only $4 savings (7%)

Called priceline customer service and asked for 100% refund.

Don't ask how much it cost to call from Germany, waiting 10min in waiting queue and then discussing wiht a well training woman about priceline rules, customer service and refunds.

no sucess!!

At the end I found that AAA rate on the Hotel website would have been cheaper but this doesn't count for their "price guarantee" (as usual with most of similar "guarantees".

F... them, I'm really pissed with this bad customer service. I understand that they can't accept every call about refund but here it's obvious that there is somehting wrong as the deal is only 7% and even more expensive than the full flexible free market price!!

Any experiences if it's worth to keep on pushing or just got to the DayInn and eat all their breakfast to make it a good deal? :)

days of stay 09/26/-09/27/08

be aware and don't bid in PRICELINE below the hotel prices shown oin the "normal" priceline hotel booking site.

I got cheated as the total is more expensive than pay-at -hotel full flexible and much more expensive than AAA Rate at this hotel

Why blame PRICELINE for accepting your bid that was only $4 less than conventional rates? You are lucky that you didn't receive the $44 Knights Inn.

You asked:

any idea which hotels are offered by priceline in Cedar City?
and slick_gd correctly suggested that you see which hotels are available on PRICELINE's "Shop and Compare" product. Just to the right of the box where you submit your bid you will see "Not sure what price to name? Click here to shop and compare prices". Not every hotel on the "Shop and Compare" side participate in the "Name Your Own Price" (bidding) side, but at least it will show the conventional rates for hotels.

how can you fault PRICELINE for accepting your bid?

enjoy a second or third helping of Day's Inn donuts :) skip the chocolate covered variety as it could melt in your pockets..... chalk this one up as a learning experience.

You guys here get paid by priceline somehow??

If my total payment is $2 more expensive than priceline's full flexible rate (and $5 more than total AAA Rate) it IS CHEATING customers what priceline does here. Even more: as I can prove that my total (incl. taxes and their "fees") are higher they don't let me cancel and refund the deal. They still call it "a deal", emails arenot answered anymore after the 2nd negative reply.

I wonder when first cheated customer go to US authorites to file charges on this company? But as usual in those cases: nobody is willing to fight for 5 bucks. And that's the deal here nothing else

They might be right but in some cases they need to take customer's wishes higher, cancel and refund. But these folks don't need to do as their business runs anyway.

BTW: Hotwire did when I complained about 2,5* hotel but got a DaysInn, which is shown on their site as "2*" only (-> 100% refund :)

You guys here get paid by priceline somehow??

No, I have used PRICELINE for about 4 years and know enough to check out rates before I start a bidding session. Fair is fair....YOU submitted the first bid without regard to the advice offered here! Take a little personal responsibility for your actions.

Please answer this: how did you determine your opening bid amount?

If my total payment is $2 more expensive than priceline's full flexible rate (and $5 more than total AAA Rate) it IS CHEATING customers what priceline does here.

Priceline will make a refund if you notify them promptly, but the refund is based on your bid amount compared to conventional rates. AAA, AARP, CAA, Government, and negotiated rates don't apply because these are not available to everyone. Priceline does not take into account taxes and fees....after all, Bill Shatner has to be paid to appear in the TV spots. :)

Regarding HOTWIRE, I have complained about star ratings and often get nowhere, but on one occasion, I received hot Dollars towards a future stay because the motel was downgraded by 1*.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]