Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Mahwah-Nanuet (Mahwah-Ramsey-Allendale) Sheraton Crossroads

monkey999
By monkey999,
in

I need to book a 2 night stay on Oct 11-13, at Harriman, ny. I'll be at Woodbury Commons during the entire stay. Priceline doesn't offer this location but they do offer Newburgh, NY and Mahwah, NJ. Which location would offer more restaurant choices and would be more convient? Thanks for the input.

I don't know the Newburgh, NY area at all but i do know the Mahwah area 'good enough' and can probably make some restaurant recommendations in that area if you end up there. However, i'll note that if you end up in the southern part of this zone you could still be a 'good' 30+ minutes from Woodybury Commons. (but will add that some of the best thin crust pizza in NJ is located in this zone as well!)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

the other zone to consider is Middletown-Chester in the Poughkeepsie region, there are many hotels and dining options around the intersection of Rts. 84 and 17. However, there will be a football game at West Point on Saturday when Army plays Eastern Michigan and this may increase hotel occupancy and hotel rates in the area.

• 1 month later...

Had to delay the trip until this weekend and got the Sheraton. Started at 45, recieved counter offer at 58, rebid at 65. Tried to extend the stay for another night and was rejected. Then bid for another room at 60 recieved counter offer to add 17. Worked my way up to 70 and was still not accepted and realized I used up all rebids. Hope to have better luck tommorrow.

Congratulations, we

Congratulations on your win!

Started at 45, recieved counter offer at 58, rebid at 65
PRICELINE will often accept less than their counter-offer... if you have re-bid zones available, you want to bid lower than the counter-offer, not higher.

If you need help with the remaining nite of your stay please start a NEW TOPIC (as well, if/when you report a win for the remaining nite, please start a NEW TOPIC).

As well, if you are looking for a place to eat near here, you're within 5-10 minutes of somoe of the best thin crust pizza in NJ:

Kinchley's Tavern

586 North Franklin Tpke

Ramsey, NJ 07446

It's a family run bar with 'classic' plastic red/white checkboard tablecloths... but they make an incredible thin crust pie (stick with the pizza and don't venture to the other entrees)... and order more pizza than you think you'll need, it's super thin so you can eat a LOT of it.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]