Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Seattle (Downtown-Pike Place) Silver Cloud Inn (on Broadway)

AmyA
By AmyA,
in

I've been watching HOTWIRE prices for downtown Seattle vigilantly over the last week for the weekend nights of 09/12/08 - 09/14/08, and have only seen the prices for 3* and 4* tend to go up as we approach that weekend rather than go down. Also I've been monitoring prices at individual hotel sites, and witnessed the same thing as well -- all of the "specials" have been disappearing, prices are going up, and rooms are disappearing. Many 4* are now gone. In hindsight, I really should have booked the first day I started watching (initially Pan Pacific was having a sale of $189/room for that weekend, but the day after I saw that deal, it, too was gone!) There must be something going on that weekend (lots of conferences, perhaps)?

By way of background, I also bid on PRICELINE numerous times over the past week, and went as high as $202 for 4* downtown, $130 for 3* downtown, $90 for 2.5* in Lake Union, and $137 for 4* Bellevue, to no avail. :)

I finally gave up watching HOTWIRE and bidding on PRICELINE, and last night booked the Hotwire special of $179 for 3.5* downtown Pike Place (that's for 4 adults/room). The rate is $163 to $166 for 2 adults/room. The facilities are: complimentary breakfast, fitness room, pool, restaurant, business centre, laundry, internet. From my research (asking around, and looking at the hotel websites), I knew which hotel I was getting before I booked it on Hotwire (i.e. the Silver Cloud Broadway in Capitol Hill). Regular rack rate at that hotel for 4 adults/room is $189 for that weekend, so it's not like you're getting a steal on Hotwire particularly after you factor in the Hotwire-tacked-on service fees (which are around $10). But at this point, I'll take anything decent under $200, because all the rooms in Seattle are going going gone. I've heard very good reviews about the Silver Cloud Broadway so hopefully it'll be good! It's located 9 blocks from downtown (although Hotwire characterizes it as being in downtown- pike place), but there's supposed to be lots of restaurants/cafes near by and the hotel runs a free shuttle to downtown.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]