Priceline Hotel: 3* Kitchener Radisson

lee1
By lee1,
in

Kitchener gears up for Oktoberfest each year - a very big event - one of the largest outside Europe. We have staying in the Comfort Inn (2*) in past years for about 45.00. My wife wanted a 3* this year so even though October is a while away I thought this time I would get started early rather than in September. Here is what I did starting last week:

Bid 43.00 for 3* for Kitchener only - refused.

Bid 45.00 for 3* adding Cambridge (which only goes up to 2.5) but was still able to bid 3* by adding it - refused again.

I then tried one shot at 43.00 for 2.5* Kitchener only - refused.

My wife then used her account at work....

Bid 47.00 for 3* Kitchener only - refused.

Added Cambridge as above and bid 49.00 refused.

Waited 72 hours.

Bid 51.00 - refused.

Added Cambridge bid 54.00. Received counter offer to add 15.00.

Went to wife's account and bid 57.00 and it was accepted.

I checked later and the lowest rate I could find was 109.00 CDN for standard internet purchase.

Granted, Oktoberfest is a big affair and I did save $ but this was not one of my best deals since the next night we will be in Toronto at a 4* for the same price. But if I make my wife happy...

BTW, my guess is that the 2.5 star in Kitchener is the Holiday Inn. Come to Oktoberfest and have a great time and some real beer - not the US watered down Budweiser.

Sounds like a fun time. When there are 'events' such as this in town i think it's always wise to book as much ahead of time as possible.

When i was in London a few years back we were looking for something to do during the day and stumbled upon a beer fest of small local breweries. I'll admit much of what i tasted was like tar, but it was a great time and one of my fonder memories of London.

Was the 2* Comfort Inn you stayed at in the past a Priceline purchase? (if so i'll add it to the list as a possible hotel in the area).

Thanks for helping to add the Radisson to our lists.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]