Priceline Hotel: 3* Calgary (Downtown) Marriott

WillTravel
By WillTravel,
in

I tried $58, and I got a counteroffer to add $17.

I closed the browser, went through the board's PRICELINE link again, and bid $62, adding Calgary North as a free rebid zone.

Who knows, I might have saved a dollar or two more, but this will do fine.

I noticed Calgary does not have 2.5* downtown. I didn't see any 2* successful bids for downtown, and I wasn't feeling experimental.

Website price is $319 CAD (or $304 USD). This is probably my greatest savings over rack rate, ever.

I meant to put 09/07/08 - 09/08/08 in the subtitle, sorry.

Congratulations on your win!

Glad to hear of your success and your BIG win! For somebody who has been using PRICELINE as long as you have to experience your 'greatest savings over rack rate ever' is quote an accomplishment... where are all those who say the deals aren't what they used to be! :)

As i've always stated, it's a cycle, and as the economy slows we'll likely see more great deals come into play <again>... when the economy rebounds the deals will be a little narrower again. The one surprise (for me at least) was that NYC was not as cheap this summer... but i think this has to do with the weak dollar having made a US trip so attracitve to many overseas travelers (many of which i suspect coudln't afford it otherwise during 'normal' currency times)

Thanks for sharing your win wtih the board and for using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]