Priceline Hotel: AMSTERDAM

RedDevil
By RedDevil,
in

BIDDING UPDATE

Just to update an my bidding and any help , assistance or suggested further strategies would be gratefully received, thanks.

Have decided to bid through US site.

Previous bids (US only):

6/9 $125 Museum City Centre(MCC) - Declined

6/9(Rebid) $130 MCC & North(N) - Declined

7/9 $132 MCC - Declined but offered alternative 'offers'

Further my Wife has set up a US accaount and made the following bid:

7/9 $133 - Counteroffer of $175 (was previuosly offered a higher counterbid on UK site)

Thanks for reading and any help greatly appreciated

Am looking to make a further rebid in couple of hours. Could someone please answer the following:

1. Does the 24 hours before you can bid again start from the time of the original bid or the rebid

2. I made bid through Betterbidding link to make original bid and sign up to PL. Do i need to keep going through link to benefit Betterbidding or can i just go into PL via the email they sent me or just signing in.

Thanks again to everyone who has or can assist

UPDATE

Bid History with My Account

6th Sept $125 MMCC 4&5* - Declined

6th Sept Re-Bid $130 MMCC adding North 4&5* - Declined

7th Sept $132 MMCC 4&5* - Declined

7th Sept Re-Bid $138 MMCC adding North 4&5* - Declined but offered alternatives (not to bid for)

8th Sept $140 MMCC 4&5* - Declined but offered alternatives (not to bid for)

8th Sept Re-Bid $145 MMCC adding North 4&5* - Declined but offered alternatives (not to bid for)

Bid History with Wifes Account

6th Sept $132 MMCC 4&5* - Declined

7th Sept $133 MMCC 4&5* - Declined but given counteroffer of $175

7th Sept Re-Bid $135 MMCC adding North 4&5* - Declined but offered alternatives (not to bid for)

8th Sept $140 MMCC 4&5* - Declined but offered alternatives (not to bid for)

8th Sept Re-Bid $140 MMCC adding North 4&5* - Declined but offered alternatives (not to bid for)

Advice on furture strategy would be greatly appreciated, please!

Should i continue to raise on every bid or not? etc etc etc

Thanks

Ps: COME ON MURRAY!!!

My guess is that if you got a counteroffer of $175, you will need at least $160, and quite likely more.

Did you decide you are okay with any 4* or 5* hotel in the CCMQ?

Preference is 4* Moevenpick but would settle for 5* Grand K.

Should i go straight to $160 or up in stages as still have few days and 2 accounts

Thanks WillTravel

Preference is 4* Moevenpick but would settle for 5* Grand K.

Should i go straight to $160 or up in stages as still have few days and 2 accounts

Thanks WillTravel

You might get the 4* Renaissance or the Marriot.

I guess there is not much occupancy available on your dates - $160 is higher than we have seen. Keep us posted and good luck.

You might get the 4* Renaissance or the Marriot.

I guess there is not much occupancy available on your dates - $160 is higher than we have seen. Keep us posted and good luck.

Probably prefer one of them rather than Grand.

Any advice on a bidiing strategy from here would be appreciated. Should i go up in stages or try $160?

If it were me, considering you have only one rebid zone and it's so close to the date, I'd start high.

Depends how many actual days before you depart and your tolerance for the last minute.

I would raise a small amount each 24 hrs after your free rebids are exhausted. I would also throw a low ball out there using your other account just to see if PL got last minute additional inventory which can reset the room cost. Are the Hotel websites showing sold out or limited inventory on your nights? Take their lowest cost available room and bid 40%

YMMV

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]