Canada Edmonton Coast Edmonton Plaza

MJRBIM
By MJRBIM,
in

A very nice mid-range 3* hotel near the corner of Jasper Ave and 105th - close to all the major downtown office buildings

Friendly staff, smooth check-in - I paid an extra $15 (CDN) to bump from a regular PL room to a room with High-Speed internet access.

Well appointed rooms, decent beds, nice sheets and bathroom features...but the room is a little small, and the work desk is TINY.

I didn't visit the pool and fitness centre, but based on the other common areas (lobby, elevators, hallways, etc) - I would expect it to be OK.

A solid 3* hotel and a great deal at $35 (US) - I'd stay here again.

• 3 years later...

Just finished a two night stay. A good alternative to others in the core. Over the years for business or pleasure, I've stayed at the Westin, Chateau Lacombe, Edmonton House(now Coast Edmonton House), Alberta Place Hotel (avoid!) and now the Coast Plaza. A reasonable sized room with a comfortable bed, large bathroom and free wireless Internet. My 6th floor room had a strong signal. The Westin, last I heard, still charges for that. Very sad. Exercise area is quite small. Staff is friendly. Parking during my stay was a reasonable $8/day in a covered area beneath the hotel. There doesn't appear to be enough space though, for times when the hotel is full. I paid $60/night which for Edmonton these days is quite fair. Would stay there again.

• 1 month later...

We had a 2 night stay for $59 a night. We felt that this hotel didn't do anything to offend, but there was not anything that did anything to stand out. We thought we were being given the Priceline treatment when we walked into our hotel room: room 616. The bed actually looked like a Murphy bed, and was not even a queen sized bed, rather a double that was quite low to the ground. Regardless, the bed was comfortable. We thought it was a little funny when the bathroom was actually quite large in proportion to the rest of the room, but when we were leaving, we noticed that this was a wheelchair accesible room. To be fair, checking in at 11:30 pm might have had something to do with the room we were assigned.

The free wi-fi internet was quite reliable, and the signal on the 6th floor of the hotel was strong. Room service breakfast wasn't spectacular, but it's hard to make eggs and bacon wrong, but the prices are quite reasonable for room service. The major complaint we had was that the parkade is very small, and they gave us the option of parking in a lot across the street. The lot is quite tight, and we think someone may have hit our bumper trying to get out of their stall.

Proud to be Canadian!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]