Hotwire Hotel: 4* Boston (Quincy Market-Financial District) Langham Hotel

andiamo
By andiamo,
in

Looking for a 4* in Boston Aug. 27&28.

I was hoping for Back Bay as we are moving child into BU. She will be with us the first night.

There is only one 4* at all for 3 people, but it's in the Quincy Financial Dist.

It's a good price, coming back at $153 Don't know Boston. I'd like to be closer. Should I wait?

Amenities:

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-speed Internet Access

Spa Services

Any clue? We have a car to park. It will be full of stuff for the dorm the first night.

Thanks.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing your results with the board. Hopefully this will work out well for your needs.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay and good luck moving your daugther into the dorm.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Don't worry, I did use your links. :)

And thanks - Unfortunately, a 4 star showed up the next day in Back Bay, where we wanted to be. :)

Oh well. I'm sure the Langham will be lovely, just more in-town driving and further away from school than we wanted.

Next time, I;ll look for a few days before pulling the trigger.

• 2 weeks later...

We are back from Boston. The Langham was very nice, but I was very disappointed that I had to argue with the registration desk to get a room that could accommodate 3 adults, as requested.

The snooty guy at the front desk brought up our reservation and was very condescending, as if we were "one of those people" that got a cheap deal and not worthy of 4* service. He said our King room was ready. I showed him on my Hotwire printout that I had specified 3 adults and asked how 3 adults were supposed to sleep in 1 king bed. He snottily retorted that one cannot guarantee the number of beds on Hotwire. I asked again how 3 people were supposed to sleep in one bed. He rolled his eyes and said he could offer us larger room with 2 queen beds for an additional $52 per night. After a standoff, he finally gave in and ordered a rollaway for our king room. While this was going on, another person was checking in next to me, and was asked if she wanted 1 or 2 beds. I resented being treated like pond scum because I used Hotwire. The hotel was very nice, but far away from the T, and our room was tiny. Everyone else was very nice. We did enjoy the pool and fitness facility, but not the $42 parking or the $12 per day internet usage.

technically, a rollaway bed and a King are the minimum that is acceptable for a party of 3. I generally try not to argue with a fool as I start to become one, so I will ask to speak with the front desk manager. Remember, management at the Langham decided to sell some of its room inventory through HOTWIRE, no one forced them to do so. You may want to call HOTWIRE and let customer service know that you were hassled.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]