Hotwire Hotel: 4* Washington DC (DuPont Circle-Embassy Row) - help identify

ceciliaky
By ceciliaky,
in

Welcome (officially) to BetterBidding!

I've lurked on this site for years - using provided links when going to HOTWIRE :)

Glad the information on the board has been helpful to you over the years and thank you for using our links, but i'm sure others could have benefited from your wins if you had posted them to the board :)

Regarding the property above, if you go back to HOTWIRE and clicking the CONTINUE button (with the price in it) do you see more amenities than those you have listed above?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Regarding the property above, if you go back to HOTWIRE and clicking the CONTINUE button (with the price in it) do you see more amenities than those you have listed above?

laundry, high-speed internet access, front desk, golf nearby, tennis nearby come up when I click continue.

it shows a 4.5 out of 5 on Tripadvisor as well, reviewed as recently as June 2008.

This property has not yet been identified. (maybe somebody on the board won it but didn't reprot it to the board :) )

If i were to take a guess i'd think the Deer Ridge Mountain Resort would be among the likely candidates and that would be our best guess, but far from certain or terribly confident in it.

With the TripAdvisor rating i wouldn't be too worried about the quality of the property, i think the only real risk with this one is how much of a discount the price is (assuming all areas of this zone are acceptable)

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm thinking the same as you about the resort - I poked around Tripadvisor a little bit, and Deer Ridge Mountain Resort seems like a good possibility. I'm not booking, based on that. The resort is farther out than I'd like to be.

And in my defense for not posting my Hotwire booking ... I found this board through the DIS. (Disney website) Each time I've been over here was to book the Hyatt at the Orlando airport, and more than one person had already confirmed the price/hotel. I don't think I was leaving anyone hanging. LOL. If I did, I apologize.

By having all wins for a given hotel posted gives others an idea of how frequently they are won. If there are 5 wins for a given hotel and only 1 win for antoher hotel, somebody may be more inclined to take a chane of they want the hotel that has been one 5 times. If users decided they didn't need to post since the hotel was already reported, each hotel would only have one post, and there would be no idea which one would be more likely.

Hope that explains why more information is usually better.

• 4 weeks later...

October 4-8 (4 nights)

4* $99

4* Hilton Head Island

Resort, Beachfront, Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurant, Business Center, Laundry, Golf nearby, Tennis nearby, Kitchenette, Spa Services

Customer favorite

4.0 out of 5 on Tripadvisor. Last reviewed July 2008.

Could this be the Hilton?

Still looking for a Fall Break destination ... I've tried beaches and now I'm on to our nation's capitol. :)

4* Washington DC (DuPont Circle-Embassy Row)

October 5-9 (4 nights)

4* $179/night

fitness center

restaurant

high speed internet access

pool

business center

spa

4 stars on Tripadvisor, with over 300 reviews.

I'm guessing this is the Omni Shoreham?

I also can't figure out what's happening in DC during the first week of October. Is it because my travel days are during the week? Or am I so cheap that $179/night doesn't seem like a bargain. :)

• 4 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]