Hotwire Hotel: When to book Hotwire trip for Jan 31-Feb5 Cancun

schmoaholic
By schmoaholic,
in

I am looking at booking a trip to Cancun for 1/31-2/5. I have 4 different hotels identified based upon information from this site. How long should I wait to book to get the best price. Will the price start to fall in another month or two? Am new to the site, but will use the internal links to purchace- love the info!!!!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

How long should I wait to book to get the best price. Will the price start to fall in another month or two?
See the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

The risk is not just in the price going up... their is also a risk that the hotel you want disappears. HOTWIRE only shows one hotel per star rating in a zone (the hotel with the lowest price) so if a hotel at the same star rating offers a lower price, or there are only a limited number of rooms of the hotel you want and somebody else buys it so that any nite(s) of your stay are no longer available, then the hotel will no longer be shown.

Feel free to have the board confirm the hotel you believe you're seeing before your make your purchase.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

I am looking at using Priceline for a trip to Cancun that I have planned in Feb. I have used Priceline for quite some time to reserve hotels, but this time is a little different. I usually dont care about location, but this time I want to make sure that I am on a beach at a resort. The question that I have is when you do a regular search for cancun and pick resorts there are about 12 that come up. Are those the only 12 that I will have the possibility of getting when I bid for a hotel, or does priceline have partners that it does not advertise thier everyday price, yet will let them in on the bidding process.

I am happy with the resort choices, but am pretty scared that I will get some hotel not on the beach somewhere.

Thanks.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in teh same thread.

In addition to powerplantop's comment, i'll add that HOTWIRE may be a good option as well... you can often identify the property beforehand based upon the ameniteis shown, and at the very least, can assure a Beachfront hotel by choosing one with the beachfront icon (just note the difference between 'bearchfront' and 'near beach' icons)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]