Hotwire Hotel: 4* Seattle (Downtown-Pike Place) Sheraton

thehabs25
By thehabs25,
in

The above matches both the Westin and the Sheraton so either of these would be likely candidates, however, the tripadvisor information seems to suggest that this is more likely the Westin so that would be our best guess.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry, didn't realize the psoted win in this thread was a different user... i've moved their thread HERE.

Just like we didn't know prices would go up $5 nobody can say which way the next move will be (or how much). For more info see the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ... but assuming this is indeed the Westin rates on their website are $240/nite for this date, so you have to decide if this is a good enough deal to lock in now or do you want to risk losing the deal entirely hoping for an additional $5 savings (and if it does go down will you then wonder if you should wait for another $5)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

To be fair to Sixth Avenue Inn they're rated 3.0 on TripAdvisor, not 2.5. A half point isn't a big deal but some people will only stay at hotels rated 3.0 or higher, so it's worth mentioning.

Also Sixth Avenue Inn charges $12/night parking vs $35/night at the Westin.

I don't claim Sixth Avenue Inn is a fine hotel in the same league as Seattle's 4*'s or 3*'s. But Seattle has practically no lower priced hotels in the Downtown core. I'm not talking about Space Needle area, but right Downtown. And among the few sub-3* choices Downtown Sixth Avenue Inn is probably one of the better.

The 2.5 TripAdvisor rating I mentioned was from the HOTWIRE listing, not from the Sixth Avenue Inn listing on TA (I'm pretty sure that its rating went up to 3 only very recently). I'm sure that the Sixth Avenue Inn is perfectly okay. But if thehabs25 is hesitant to pay $149 (when I last checked) for a hotel that is very likely the Westin, I don't think it would be a good idea to pay $129 for a hotel that is probably the Sixth Avenue Inn.

Sixth Avenue Inn shows as 3.0 on HOTWIRE now too. Probably it very recently went from 2.5 to 3.0 on TripAdvisor, and that change hadn't transmitted to Hotwire yet when you checked yesterday, but now it has.

I agree the case for Sixth Avenue Inn isn't very strong when it's $129 there vs $149 for a 4*. The one time I won Sixth Avenue Inn it was $50 on a night when 4*'s were still over $100, which is a different situation.

• 9 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]