Hotwire Hotel: 2* Oakland-East Bay (Airport OAK) Extended Stay Deluxe Alameda

Gallus50
By Gallus50,
in

Hi All -

I'm going to SF for business and need to fly out early from Oakland Airport on 8/28. There is a 2* hotel with the following amenities: Fitness, Laundry and Internet.

The price is $49 a night. I'm going crazy trying to identify the place. There doesn't appear to be a shuttle, which is strange for an airport hotel.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

The hotel could have a shuttle even though it doesn't show a shuttle icon. Then again it might not. The Oakland Airport zone isn't large so cabfare wouldn't be a lot. Mystery 2* hotels on Hotwire are always a gamble though. Probably a Days Inn or Travelodge, something like that. The 2.5* in Oakland Airport zone is $104 and it doesn't have a shuttle icon either.

There is an Extended Stay Deluxe Oakland/Alameda that doesn't seem to have shuttle service. But I can't find that they have a fitness room anywhere. This is why I'm so stumped.

Days Inn also has breakfast. There doesn't seem to be a Super 8 or that sort of thing.

I would PRICELINE the stay, but they don't have an Oakland Airport zone, just all of Oakland. And my flight is so early, I want to stay right at the airport. Not sure what to do.

Thanks for your suggestions, though.....

Neither of the two Oakland area ESA's is within the boundaries of the Oakland Airport zone, so it's not an ESA. (One of them is in Oakland-Alameda zone and the other is in the Berkeley-Emeryville zone.)

The Oakland Airport zone isn't geographically large and there physically aren't a large number of hotels there, so the possibilities are limited. I think the Days Inn is the most likely, and per hotel website it does have a fitness center. It also has an airport shuttle. No guarantees on ID.

The absence of icons for amenities you know are there (like breakfast or shuttle) doesn't disprove a hotel's identity, as the icon lists are rarely exhaustive. The hotel chooses which icons they want to display.

Thanks, Colfax. If there's a chance it's the Days Inn, I'm going to go for it.

Even if they don't have a shuttle, they do have fitness. And the next closest rate I'm coming up with is $67.99 at the Quality Inn. I leave so early, it's probably worth it.

Will let you know once it's booked ....

Well, it was the Extended Stay Deluxe Oakland Airport/Alameda. Darn.

Not too excited, as they don't have a shuttle and I will have to cab it to airport, which is 1.5 miles away. With the cost of cab ($9), it's a wash between this and my cancel-able rez at the Quality Inn. This place seems harder to get to.

Maybe I can get a $10 HOTWIRE rebate which will ease the pain ....

If moderator (thereuare) wants to change my heading on this, feel free.

Thanks anyway.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Sorry to hear you didn't get the property you were hoping.

We have edited your topic title and also added this property to the Hotwrie Hotel List.

It would be appreciated if you used these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel pruchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Neither of the two Oakland area ESA's is within the boundaries of the Oakland Airport zone, so it's not an ESA. (One of them is in Oakland-Alameda zone and the other is in the Berkeley-Emeryville zone.)

I wrote that and I hate to say it but I was WRONG. :)

There are THREE ESA's in Oakland area, not two, and the third one IS within Hotwire's Oakland Airport zone, as you correctly noted above, and I disbelieved.

There is an Extended Stay Deluxe Oakland/Alameda that doesn't seem to have shuttle service. But I can't find that they have a fitness room anywhere. This is why I'm so stumped.

The hotel you won, Extended Stay America Deluxe-Oakland/Alameda Airport, has a name very similar to the hotel I'm familiar with, Extended Stay America-Oakland/Alameda. I thought you were talking about that ESA on Alameda and didn't understand where it was located. Somehow the "Deluxe", which should have been a tipoff that these were two different hotels, slipped past me.

I feel responsible that you might have purchased this hotel based on my erroneous representation that there was no ESA property in Hotwire's Oakland Airport zone. If you'll send me a private message with your email address I'll PayPal you $10 for your cabfare. On Mapquest the ESA Deluxe looks almost across the street from Oakland Airport, although on the backside of the Airport, not near the main entrance.

As an aside, I wondered if the ESA Deluxe was a new hotel, as I'm in that area regularly and I've never noticed it before. A little research says it's the former Harbor Bay Hotel and it converted to ESA brand in 2006, not recently. And they serve a free breakfast from Monday to Friday, which is rare at ESA.

• 4 weeks later...

Just as a grace note on this stay - I don't recommend the hotel, even at $49 a night. Had to take a cab to get there from BART, as the bus wasn't running late. Add that to an airport cab ride and the savings disappeared. The place was also a bit dirty and in an office park location. There are far better places to stay near Oakland Airport. Live and learn .....

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]