Priceline Hotel: 2* Minneapolis-St Paul (Northwest) Extended StayAmerica Maple Grove

Wilson
By Wilson,
in

Have been staying in 3 to 5 stars hotel in the last 2 months, trying to save up some money, therefore started to try for super low rates with 2 stars ...

Started from $20, got rejected. Incremented $1 at a time. Kind of annoying as it took more than 1 hour for Priceline to go through all the hotels around the area the first time, had to click "Check Status" all the time ...

Finally got accepted for $24 a night.

Your Hotel Information

Happy with your hotel? Click here to extend your stay for the same nightly rate.

Extended Stay America Minneapolis - Maple Grove 2-star

Minneapolis Northwest

12970 63rd Avenue North

Maple Grove, Minnesota 55369

763-694-9747

See Hotel Website

View Map and Directions Check-In Date:

Mon, Jul 28, 2008 / After 03:00 PM

Check-Out Date:

Wed, Jul 30, 2008 / 11:00 AM

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $24.00

Subtotal: $48.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $13.49

Total Charges*: $61.49

By the way, anyone stayed at this property before? I've just tried google'ing for reviews, and read quite a few mixed reviews, some liked it, some said it was a disaster ... I travel a lot, and thought maybe I should save up some money, because I don't use the hotel facilities that much ... if this turns out to be a disaster, I'd have to stick with 3/4 stars in the future ... :) I'm keeping my fingers crossed ...

I have never stayed at that one but have been in several Extended Stay America hotels. I am currently in one in Eagan.

The people who are expecting a three star hotel will not like these hotels. They are basic. Maid service is once per week unless you pay extra. You can exchange towels at the front desk. Front desk is not always manned (don

I prefer to stay in 2.5* hotels. The quality & service level are good enough for me & many throw in a decent free breakfast. I won't bid on 2* hotels in a zone with an ESA because I want more service & clean sheets every day. However in a pinch, I would manage & wouldn't complain because the rates are so low.

happy pricelining

mark

I'm writing this from my room. This stay has been a disaster ... This is my 1st and last 2 star I'm ever going to stay at, or at least I won't bid a zone that comes with Extended Stay.

I checked in last night at 11pm, I called in the day when I won this hotel and told them to reserve me a queen/king instead of 2 full size beds, and they told me it is done ... So I arrived at 11pm, they told me no more queen sized bed room is available, because I arrived late, they thought I won't arrive ... So I was pissed I told them, "I PAID FOR THE ROOM ALREADY ... WHETHER OR NOT I ARRIVE, MY ROOM SHOULD BE THERE! AND YOU GUYS TOLD ME MY ROOM WAS RESERVED LAST NIGHT!" ... They told me if I need a Queen, I'd need to go to a "SMOKING" room, which my girlfriend refused ... so we ended up in a 2-Full-Sized bed room ...

Now, the disaster isn't over yet ... the room looked clean, we had our shower, then we tried to sleep ... the A/C wasn't working ... I slept for like 15 minutes, and I sweat all over my body ... I got so pissed ... dialed "0" on the phone ... you know what's funny ? It was engaged ... then I saw that "DIAL 600 for After Hours", so I did that ... it was engaged too ... I couldn't get to front desk ... I thought what the hell ? I waited 10-20 minutes, and tried both "0" and "600" none went through ... so I decided to try calling the hotel's number ... I tried, and when it asked me to press 0 for assistance, it says "We're sorry, the extension is currently busy" ... so I suspect they just terminate their line to front desk ... I'm not even exaggerating ... it is 1:26am now, today, and I just tried dialing 0 and 600, and it was engaged ... any of you can try calling the hotel's number and press 0, and you tell me the results ... so I couldn't sleep ... I got so frustrated, I went to the front desk, I told them what I had to go through ... they told me they have another 2-full sized bed room available, so I went there and check it out, lucky me, the A/C was working ... so I decided to move a bunch of stuffs, my girlfriend and I had to carry those 3am in the morning, no one attempted to even help ... to bell boy, nothing ... when I got into my new room, we were both so sweatty we decided to take a shower again ... and unpack our stuffs ... it was 4:30 am ... it's not even funny ... then we went to bed at 5am ...

Worse thing happened again, we received a call from front desk at 8am ... "May I speak to Wilson please?" then I went "Speaking!" ... they went "I receive a note from the person who worked late shift last night that you were having trouble with your room because of the A/C, and we'd like to apologize for the inconvenience caused ..." then I was like "I'm still sleeping, I went to bed at 5am because of this" and they went "Oh I'm sorry again, I just wanted to apologize for this ..."

My girlfriend and I then went back to sleep ... at 10am, I received a call again ... "Mr Thomas, we just wanted to inform you that the checkout time is 11am" ... I was like "I booked this room for 2 nights, and I'm not checking out till tomorrow" ... then they apologized and hung up ... and less than 5 minutes later, they called back again to APOLOGIZE ... "I'm sorry we thought you were Mr Thomas, we didn't notice that you were transferred to this room last night till we go through the note left by the attendant from last night." and a bunch of "SORRY SORRY SORRY" and "You can stay till tomorrow 11am" ...

The more I write of this the more I get pissed at ...

When I say this is our worst hotel experience ever ... I really mean it ... but the room looks decent for a $24/night stay ... but we couldn't get a peaceful night of sleep ...

Sorry to hear the stay isn't going well... you wouldn't be the first user to swear off bidding star levels and areas with Extended StayAmerica properties.

Today i'd just try to relax, but i would encourage to write Extended Stay and/or PRICELINE regarding your experience.

Hope things take a turn for the better!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

What would I get for writing to Priceline/Extended Stay? Do they have an email where I can get them at? I'd really love to complain, as this is literally my worst experience with a hotel, but it is also the cheapest I have paid for a room, even cheaper than Motel6.

The disaster went even further. I received my credit card statement, I got charged $22 ($10 + tax = $11/night) total. I called them up and asked them why, they told me it was because of the upgrade to double beds. When I checked out, I was assured that I wouldn't be charged. They wouldn't do the refund, they told me to call in tomorrow morning when their manager gets in. I told them I didn't requested for the upgrade, but the queen size bed wasn't available, and the A/C wasn't working, and I had to go through all the troubles.

Extended Stay America is officially declared under my standard as the worst hotel possible, and they are a scam. Priceline should remove them from their listings till they fix all the problems. Although they are cheap, but you won't get your rest/sleep, which is worth way more than the money you saved.

If I knew I would be charged that money, I would have bid on a 3 star.

Extended Stay America is officially declared under my standard as the worst hotel possible, and they are a scam. Priceline should remove them from their listings till they fix all the problems. Although they are cheap, but you won't get your rest/sleep, which is worth way more than the money you saved.

Sorry, but I can not agree with that statement. I have staid at several Extended Stay America properties in several states and I have never had a problem. And I have always gotten a good nights sleep.

Sorry, but I can not agree with that statement. I have staid at several Extended Stay America properties in several states and I have never had a problem. And I have always gotten a good nights sleep.

I was probably being harsh when I said that, but I wil definitely not return to ESA at this particular zone ...

All I ask for is a clean, quiet, and comfortable room ... so far, most of them have pleased me ... except for this ESA property, and the Renaissance @ Northbrook (4-star) ...

As of this moment, I still have yet to receive my refund for something I'm being charged, that I was assured I wouldn't be ...

• 3 weeks later...

I am sorry about your problems. When I first read that you were given 2 beds I was surprised - they always want an upcharge for a room with two beds. Ironically you WANTED one bed!

I routinely stay at Extended Stay in Eagan for +-$25/night before I fly out of MSP airport and have never had a problem.

I also stayed at Extended Stay Deluxe in downtown Anchorage twice last summer with no problems (about $50/night) and just this morning booked a hotel on hotwire in Anchorage for next June, knowing almost with 100% certainty that it was the Extended Stay Deluxe Midtown, for $64/night. Considering the hotel costs in Anchorage in the summer, this is about 75% off the best rate. Even a youth hostel for two people in Anchorage costs +-$50. Hotwire rated this Extended Stay Deluxe midtown as 3* which I know it is not. But I am pleased - it is in a very convenient location, had free airport transportation and the rooms are usually very clean.

John

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]