Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Newark (Secaucus-North Bergen) La Quinta Suites

KL803
By KL803,
in

320 bus is almost right outside the hotel. you won't be disappointed. take the bus forget about park&ride

about mall and shopping i don't have any idea

if you book cruise in advance statuecruies.com (something like that)from new jersy side and take the one that morning i am sure u will be able to make it to EWR by 6.40

There is no parking at Secaucus junction train station, its just a Kiss n' Ride station. The Mill Creek Mall is not exactly a shopping destination, but it does feature a Kohls and a Stop and Shop supermarket. I can't comment on Jersey Gardens, but Secaucus features many outlet stores: http://www.harmonmeadow.com/pages/secaucuspage.html Nearby is a WalMart and Sams Club (and $4.95 rotisserie chicken).

I have stayed at the LaQuinta Suites several times and IMO, besides the Hyatt Place, this is probably the best value in the Secaucus or Rutherford zones. The rooms are large two room suites, breakfast is free and offers several hot items, parking is free, wireless internet is free and the 320 bus is right out front of the Hotel, the route to Manhattan starts here. Service to Manhattan is frequent and about 25 minutes to the Port Authority. Here is the actual website to the Statue of Liberty with links to the ferry, you will likely park at Liberty State Park in Jersey City and you will have plenty of time to make your 6:40 flight if you plan accordingly.

Don't bother will the Mill Creek Mall (unless you find you forgot to pack something in your suitcase and need some inexpensive clothing at Kohl's or want to pick up some food at the supermarket. Last i heard the mall is mosly empty except for the anchor tennants as the mall goes thru a makeover.

If you really want to shop, i'd make the trip up to Woodbury Commons (about an hour).

If you decide to visit the Statue from the Jersey side leave plenty of time to catch the ferry back to Jersey City... the ferry lines can get long, especially near the end of the day, so i'd leave enough 'cushion' time to make sure there is no issue getting on the ferry in time.

Thanks for sharing your win with the board and for using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Have a great trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]