Priceline Hotel: 3* Harrisburg-York (Harrisburg-Hershey) Sheraton Harrisburg Hershey

monkey999
By monkey999,
in

I need help identifying a few hotels in harrisburg. It is for Aug 14-Aug 15, 2 adults+2 child

3-star hotel in Harrisburg West @ $63

fitness, pool, restaurant, business center, and internet

3-star hotel in Central Harrisburg @$99

fitness, pool, restaurant, business center, laundry facilities, and internet

(I think this is the Crowne Plaza)

2-star hotel in Central Harrisburg @$69

shuttle, breakfast, pool, laundry and internet

Unfortunately the first and third properties have not yet been identified.

For the second hotel, while the star rating and amenities match those of the Crowne Plaza, the TripAdvisor rating is way off. While no evidence of such, i'm going to guess that this property is the Four Points... i think this is a better guess than the Crowne Plaza, but not entirely confidence in this guess either. However, this may not be the best option either as a 2.5/5.0 Tripadvisor rating is usually something i would shy away from.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the heads up. The ratings on the Four Points through TA don't seem to appealing. I'm willing to spend up to $100, but I would prefer a nicer hotel. If I have to take a chance with the other two hotel listings, I would try my luck with PRICELINE, knowing they only guarantee accomadations for 2 adults. My first attempt is as follows:

3*Harrisburg 50, rejected

added Carlisle 55, rejected

added Harrisburg-hershey 63 rejected

I'm only willing to bid up to this price at this time since HOTWIRE has a 3* in Harrisburg West which will accomadate all four of us.

My mother just booked the $99 on HOTWIRE that you described and it turned out to be the Four Points Sheraton. I was a little excited thinking that it was the Sheraton that everyone was so excited about, but not.

Can you please post the details of this purchase to the board as a NEW TOPIC (or as a reply to your current thread if this purchase is for that stay)

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I finally got something today and it was just what I was hoping for. :) We dug out the inflatable mattress from the basement and will be bringing it along if we're not granted 2 beds. Thanks for all the boards help. Just two more booking to go. And of course I used the PRICELINE link on BB.

Congratulations, your price of $65 was accepted by Sheraton Harrisburg/Hershey

Harrisburg

4650 Lindle Road

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania 17111

717-564-5511

Check-In Date:

Thu, Aug 14, 2008 / After 04:00 PM

Check-Out Date:

Fri, Aug 15, 2008 / 11:00 AM

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $65.00

Subtotal: $65.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $14.66

Total Charges*: $79.66

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to hear you got the hotel you were hoping for and that you're happy with the results. I'd call the hotel to request two beds and see if they'll note it on your reservation... i'd think your chances are decent since this is a family friendly area with Hershey Park nearby and they likely have a greater proportion of two bedded rooms as a result.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and for using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

first, congratulations on your successful bid!

i just have a quick question. i see people going with priceline even for four persons to the room, and just bringing a mattress in case they can't get the two beds.

Has anyone ever heard of them being turned down (outisde of NYC) for trying this?

just curious. seems risky to me, unless the 3rd and 4th persons are very small children.

You do it 'smartly'... only one or two people go up to the desk to check-in while the other two sit in the lobby, walk around the block, go into the giftshop, etc, etc.

If stopped i would just state that the other two are your friends who live in the area and are going back up to your room with you to 'hang out'. If there is an issue it might be with housekeeping who has to clean up afte four pepole rather than two, but make your room worth their while by not making too much of a mess and leaving a nice tip :)

So i'd say yet it's a risk... but a calculated one which most perceive as minimal, imo.

first, congratulations on your successful bid!

i just have a quick question. i see people going with priceline even for four persons to the room, and just bringing a mattress in case they can't get the two beds.

Has anyone ever heard of them being turned down (outisde of NYC) for trying this?

just curious. seems risky to me, unless the 3rd and 4th persons are very small children.

This is my first time using hotwire/priceline so I'm not so sure how it's going to work out. I did call all the hotels and they have all 'noted' my request, but not guaranteed. Except for my marriott reservation which I was guaranteed, but I think that is because we have a platium rewards card.

My kids are indeed very young, 4 and 8. They can pretty much pass out anywhere, but since DH is a very experienced business traveller, he is more particular. According to the board, priceline/hotwire guest may be treated differently. I'm just hoping we are treated as regular guests. I'll give a review of how it goes.

This is my first time using hotwire/priceline so I'm not so sure how it's going to work out. I did call all the hotels and they have all 'noted' my request, but not guaranteed. Except for my marriott reservation which I was guaranteed, but I think that is because we have a platium rewards card.

My kids are indeed very young, 4 and 8. They can pretty much pass out anywhere, but since DH is a very experienced business traveller, he is more particular. According to the board, priceline/hotwire guest may be treated differently. I'm just hoping we are treated as regular guests. I'll give a review of how it goes.

Ask DH to sign up for a Starwood Rewards card and then call the desk during non rush hours and ask that the rewards number be added to the reservation. It can only improve your chances, good luck!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]