Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* New Orleans (Airport MSY) Fairfield Inn

ScottF12345
By ScottF12345,
in

Price came up as 39 for those dates so i split it up into 11/6-11/8 and 11/8-11/10 and got it at 31 a peice. During the American Heart Association meeting so EVERY hotel is booked and prices are through the roof so I'm very pleased with this. If anyone else is traveling for this conference and I know a LOT are, this seems to be pretty good.

Scott

EDIT: 2.5 stars

Can you also please add the amenities that Hotwire showed before purchase... there may be a few 2.5* hotels in this zone and knowing the amenities will best help others identify this beforehand. You can still see the amenities by going to the MY ACCOUNT link on the top right corner of Hotwire's homepage.

Looks like this hotel was also upgraded, as prior reports have it as a 2*.

Thanks!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 months later...

BE CAREFUL with this hotel!!!!

we stayed 4 nights (end of may in the fairfield in new orleans kenner). the room was won via hotwire for a 34 us/night + tax and fees. the price is ok for the hotel BUT:

i was charged after my stay from by the hotel without any notice! i dont know why the chrageds me a fee i cant tell you for what. now i m in email-contact SINCE MONTHS to get my money back!!!! the appologized and wrote me to pay the money back...nothing happend yet! so BE CAREFUL!!!

Were you billed for the room or some other miscellaneous fee?

If for the hotel, it's not a problem specific to this hotel (although their refunding you does seem to show their incompetence) as it occaisionally happens on Priceline stays with desk clerks that are new and don't know how to enter information in their system.

This doesn't happen often, but it does happens and is discussed here: DOUBLE CHARGED on PRICELINE STAYS.

Usually the best way to handle this is to contact the hotel as you did. If it's not handled efficiently, simply call your credit card company and dispute the charge... it's sure to get handled properly that way.

PS-in the future it may be better to post this in the HOTEL REVIEWS section rather than copy/paste the same post to multiple threads that mention this property

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]