Tiki
By Tiki,
in

• 2 years later...

Won this hotel for $52

Got room 1408.

Good:

Location.

Bus stop across street and one by the ABC store serves buses that go direct to Pearl Harbour (though it's quicker to change at the Ala Moana Centre) and Diamond head.

ABC store across street, another grocery type store on the corner.

TGI Friday at the base of the hotel.

Poor

Room quality, very shabby and bathroom tiny!

Three lifts for 1-24

Three lifts for 25-42

All very slow, Pool on the 5th floor so as mentioned if you're above 24 then you have to change lifts.

Bad

Compulsary charge of $3.00 per day for use of safe (though I only got charged for 1 day out of my 4)

Compulsary charge of $2.00 for a coffee sachet, more can be 'bought' from the maid.

Overall a cheap place to stay for an overnight or two, but feels cheap.

Just for completeness

Routes 19,20 go from round the corner of the ABC near the Hotel direct to Pearl Harbour but are slow (takes over and hour).

Best bet is to change at Ala Moana Centre (get the 8 or 19,20) and catch the Route A bus.

This A bus also goes past the Swap Meet location.

Swap meet costs $1 to enter by foot, there a coupons freely available that give you free (foot) entry.

Route 22 and 58 go from across the street bus stop to Diamond Head.

Round Island route is 52 and 55, leaves from Ala Moana centre. Takes about 4 hrs.

• 8 months later...

My husband and I stayed here for two days in November 2006. I agree with the other posts that the rooms are TINY! However, it's in Waikiki and walking distance to everything (and if it's too far to walk, take a bus!). Highly recommend Nick's Fish for a beautiful dinner across the street. TGIFridays is also downstairs.

The priceline price we won it at was not much more than what the room cost per night. I don't think priceline's making much money on these, because we started our bidding very low. So, if you want something nicer in Waikiki, be willing to pay for it.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]