Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Sacramento (Downtown) Hawthorn Suites

Randomest
By Randomest,
in

Hawthorn Suites (Best Value):

Hotwire Amenitites: Airport Shuttle, Pool, Fitness Center, Complimentary Breakfast. Kitchenette. Tennis. Laundry Facilities

Hotwire defines its Downtown Sacramento region so broadly that it includes this "northwest" pocket that goes away from characteristic tight street grid of downtown. I was a little disappointed to get a hotel that is about 2 miles from the Convention Center--since I was hoping to walk.

However, they do have a free shuttle. In fact this hotel has quite a bit more amenities that most hotels do downtown, even the fancy ones. And plus, it is a suite. Guess you have to compensate for location.

Travelaxe and sidestep listed this hotel for approximately $110/night on those dates at the lowest price, so I feel I got a good deal. Also nice is that their free breakfast is a hot breakfast buffet and they have some kind of free food in the evening too. We'll see how it goes.

Here's what I found about the hotel from Orbitz.com

DESCRIPTION

Hawthorn Suites - Sacramento, CA - "More Of What You Need When You Need It". Located just 9 miles south from Sacramento Metropolitan Airport and 1.5 miles from Downtown. Where you can now join Hyatt Gold Passport and earn 3 points for every eligible suite dollar or 300 airline miles per stay. We feature studio suites (338 sf) and two-bedroom suites (776 sf), which has a separating door. The suites offer fully equipped kitchens with a two burner cook top, microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator and all the pots, pans, dishes and utensils you might need. We offer a complimentary hot breakfast buffet including eggs, bacon/sausage, fresh fruit, cereals, hot coffee and much, much more. We also offer a complimentary Monday through Thursday evening social to provide your evening meal. Additional complimentary on site amenities includes an exercise room, outdoor pool/spa, Sport Court and free parking. Conveniently located to Lockheed Martin (2 ml), Department of Justice (2 ml) and MCI (2 ml). Local attractions including Old Town Sacramento (1 ml), State Capital (1.5 ml), Arco Arena (5 ml), Expo Fair Grounds (6 ml) and Discovery Park (.5 ml) all make this a great location.

AMENITIES

AM/FM Alarm Clock, Free Parking, Handicapped Rooms/Facilities, 24 Hour Front Desk, Coffee Maker in Room, Hairdryer in Room, AM/FM Alarm Clock, Modem Lines in Room, No Smoking Rooms/Facilities, Pool, Free Newspaper, Meeting/Banquet Facilities, Hairdryer in Room, 24 Hour Front Desk, Handicapped Rooms/Facilities, Free Parking, Coffee Maker in Room, Restaurant, Safe Deposit Box, Fitness Center or Spa, Television with Cable, Laundry/Valet Services, Modem Lines in Room, Laundry/Valet Services, Television with Cable, Free Newspaper, Pool, Restaurant, Fitness Center or Spa, Safe Deposit Box, No Smoking Rooms/Facilities, Meeting/Banquet Facilities.

-Randomest

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]