Priceline Hotel: 3* Ft. Lauderdale (Downtown) Embassy Suites

ScottF12345
By ScottF12345,
in

If you could help me with this identification that would be greatly appreciated. I found a 3.5 star resort in north fort lauderdale for 7/8-7/12 and have no idea what it is.

The amenities are: resort, beach access, restaurant, pool, fitness center, spa, golf, tennis, childrens activites, laundry. its 60 bucks so id love to bid on it but i am unsure of what exactly it is. thanks

Scott

This hotel hasn't yet been identified but here are my thoughts:

Hotles that i could find (there could be hotels that i couldn't find) that seem to fit are the Westin and the Marriott. The Westin is believed to have different amenities and star rating than what you list above so that leaves the Marriott.

Beach Access in the North Ft. Lauderdale zone?!? Looking at Hotwire's map it doesn't appear that this zone is walkable to the beach (nor does any other hotel in this zone that i know have the beach access icon). Looking deeper i found that the Marriott offers guests a complimentary shuttle ride to anywhere within a 5 mile radius... don't know if this qualifies as Beach Access or not but it may explain things a bit. The Marriott also offers hi-speed internet throughout the property and there is no hi-speed icon so that's a negative... as is this being classified as a 'resort' since the hotel caters to business travelers.

So the Marriott is my guess, but based upon the 'resort' icon present and the lack of an 'internet icon' i'm far from certain.

Whatever the hotel is they appear to have a 2 nite minimum so you could always purchase the first 2 nites of your stay and then if you're happy with the property purchase the other 2 nites... if you're not so pleased you could then change hotels for the last 2 nites (but make sure it appears for both two-nite searches before proceeding... it does show up as such now)

A search for your dates also reveals a 4* that is less expensive and i believe to be the Sheraton Cyrpess Creek.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for all your help, i really appreciate it. Do you think its possible its a time share? i remember years ago before i knew about any of these sites, purchasing what seemed like a great hotel only to end up being an AWFUL timeshare. Do you think theres a chance thats what this is? Again I really do appreciate all your help.

Scott

It's possible, as i know of at least one time share that is offered in this HOTWIRE LAS VEGAS post.

While i have no idea of the quality of the timeshare, i'm doubtful you'll be given a hard sell or required to sit in on any presentations.

While i was in Cancun we stayed at the Moon Palace (part of The Palace chain of timeshare resorts) and i knew ahead of time their sell tactics. We sit down upon check-in and are told of the lovely breakfast buffet with champagne that we're invited to (not a big deal since all meals and liquor were included anyway) and "... since you'll be eating breakfast anyway, i'll put you down for 10am". I reply "No" so the lady asks why not? In spanish i tell her "Because i know. Don't ask me how i know or what i know, but know that i know.... and don't call me in the morning asking me if i've changed my mind about your breakfast invitation because we won't change our minds. If we do decide otherwise i will be in touch with you."

That was the last time they asked! :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Went with Priceline....

Got the Embassy Suites in Fort Lauderdale through priceline for 55.00 (same price everyone else is getting it at for the time period).

started my bid at 45, rebid 50, rebid 55 got it. With forums like these it really makes bidding on priceline much less of a gamble when it comes to overbidding. Keep up the good work. I do a TON of traveling and will be adding each post here. Thanks again.

Scott

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]