Priceline Hotel: need hotel near Beverly Hills area

L&T
By L&T,
in

I'm new and looking for a clean hotel in safe area for the week beginnning 7/16/08. Would like to be near North Crescent Dr in Beverly Hills. The Residence Inn in Beverly Hills sounds wonderful but do you think I could get it for about $80 per night? How much should I expect to see added on after all is said and done for taxes, services, etc? ANY help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

L&T

I've never used this site before but it sounds quite exciting. Looking for probably 3* in Beverly Hills (or as close as possible). Would like to not go over $100 per nt. after taxes and fees if possible. Need clean hotel and high speed internet. Since I did not see a great fit on priceline, should I put a bid in on hotwire for 3*, bev hills, and maybe $85? Then drop to 2.5* if rejected? Then can I go up to $90 if rejected, leaving? Might have to wait 24 hrs before that last move? Would someone be able to help me with a game plan? A little nervous about putting in my 1st bid. Thanks for help!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Is this the only zone you're willing to accept? Are you willing to accept a 2.5* hotel other than the Residence Inn? I assume your check-out is 7/23/08?

If you let us know your maximum bid, and the info above, we'll be able to suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

PS- please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread... i answered your first post before seeing the seond. There is no bidding with HOTWIRE, and what do you mean by "Since I did not see a great fit on priceline..." since PRICELINE doesn't show prices or the names of the hotel before your purchase when using their 'bidding' service... are you looking at the "retail" product where hotel names and price are shown?

As well, give this thread a read which explains the similarities, and differences, between PRICELINE and HOTWIRE: I've Never Used Priceline or Hotwire

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Trying to get hotel close to our son's apt in Beverly Hills on N.Crescent Dr. Century City or West Hollywood are also close. The Crescent Hotel is only 1 block away from son, but too pricey. Any 2.5 should be fine if the location is safe and hotel is clean and has free hi speed internet. Hotel parking is not needed. Stay is 7/16 - 7/23. After taxes and fees (fees that I read some hotels will add after the commitment) I'd like to not go over about $110. per day total.

I've been reading so much that I got PRICELINE and HOTWIRE mixed up. Starting to sort it out now. Sorry for the confusion there.

If you search HOTWIRE the only thing that appears to be within your price range is a 2.5* hotel in the Hollywood-West Hollywood (at $105/nite + taxes and fees) and best guess is this is the Ramada Inn Hollywood Near Universal Studios (in Hollywood) and about 7 miles (25 minutes) from your desired location.

If you want to try bidding on PRICELINE, you can't guarantee anything that you need to be willing to accept any hotel at the minimum star rating you select and it can be anywhere in the shaded boundaries of the zone as defined by PRICELINE. As well, you won't be able to know/desingate before your purchase if the hotel offers free internet or has any additional 'fees' (resort or otherwise)

Have you found anything thru conventional booking methods which would satisfy your needs and budget?

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Did not find anything through conventional booking. Besides, looks like betterbidding always results in more for the money, even though you don't know exact location.

The 2.5* for $105 is not available for my dates. Should my next move be to bid for a 3* Beverly Hills area? Can go down to 2.5 next if needed. How much do you think I should offer? Maybe try $80? I understand anywhere in shaded area and no guarantees on internet, etc.

The HOTWIRE offer was available earlier today when posted... but is not currently.

What is your maximum bid for a 3* in the Beverly Hills-West Hollywood zone... from there we can suggest a strategy for you to follow.

At the 3* level you have one re-bid zone. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* Beverly Hills...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and re-access PRICELINE however you did previously.

Select 3* Culver City...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and re-access PRICELINE however you did previously.

Select 3* Beverly Hills and Culver City...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95.

Any quesitons feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

O.K. I'm nervously going to proceed. For my re bid zone I'll use Lawndale since that only offers 1* and 2*. I've read the re bid rules and think I understand, but I'm sooo nervous about getting stuck in Lawndale! As long as i check 3* min, that can't happen. So can you tell me that I'm reading Lawndale correctly and to go for it?

Yes, you have your re-bid zones correct... but always Doublecheck just before bidding to make sure nothing has changed (ie- no higher rated hotels added to the zone and no previously lower rated hotels upgraded).

I bid $75 for 3* Bev Hills, rejected

then re bid adding Lawndale and $80, rejected

Closed browser, bid $85 for 2 1/2* Beverly Hills, rejected.

Can I wait 24 hours and bid again?

(I realized Century City is not a seperate zone, so I only have 1 zone to work with.)

Oh well, I'm learning.

You haven't won anything yet but all this bidding will get you more comfortable with the bidding process. Practice is good.

Wait 24 hours from your last rejected bid before trying again. Since your $90 bid was rejected for being too early you don't know whether it was also too low. When your 24 hours is up I'd try $90 again, then add Lawndale at $95.

Given your preference for Beverly Hills or Century City areas of the zone you might be better off sticking with 2.5* rather than trying 3*. If you eventually win a 3* probably it will be the Hyatt on Sunset. I think the reported 2.5* hotels in the zone (Residence Inn, Courtyard) would probably meet your needs better, and also be closer to your son's apartment. The Hyatt is near a lot of popular clubs and it can be loud.

Ultimately you might have to split this multiday stay in two to get accepted but you might as well bid up to your limit for the entire stay before trying that. Usually it's easier getting 3 or 4 night stays accepted than a 7 night stay.

I think the reported 2.5* hotels in the zone (Residence Inn, Courtyard) would probably meet your needs better, and also be closer to your son's apartment.

I want to correct something I wrote yesterday. The Hyatt on Sunset is actually closer to your son's place than the ResInn or Courtyard.

The decision to bid 3* vs 2.5* would depend on whether you prefer the Hyatt or one of the 2.5* hotels then, keeping in mind that your 2.5* bid could be upgraded, and also that some other 3* hotel besides Hyatt could come up, although Hyatt's usually what the 3* is.

I would be thrilled with any of those hotels but need to keep trying. :) I bid $90 for 2 1/2* in Bev Hills. Rejected. Added Lawndale at $95. Rejected. Think the problem may be that I'm asking for 7 nights. I'll have to wait 24 hours now.

Or, HOTWIRE sent me and e mail yesterday for a 3* at $106 per nt. At this point I'd be willing to go for that, but that box would not open or "continue". Always took me to their 2nd page of offers which were not as good.

Trip is in 1 week. Suggestions????

Splitting my bid would be fine as long as I only have to move once. I'd have a better chance of $80ish price on a 2 1/2* like courtyard or res Inn, wouldn't I? I did find a $65 price on an attractive place about 13 miles out, conventional booking. Avoiding rush hour that would be about a 25-30 min drive. Not my favorite idea but would sure save some $...and after my husband overheard me mention that price, I'll have trouble getting him to agree to more than $80 something.

So what would the best way to start a split offer? Any 2 1/2* or 3* in Bev Hills, Century City, Westwood zone would be great.

Splitting my bid would be fine as long as I only have to move once
The issue is what if you were successful for part of your stay but then the balance was prohibitively expensive? (and therefore you'd likely need to change more than once)

If you were successful for part of your stay, and then didn't succeed with the balance, could you stay at the $65 hotel you found 13 miles away for the balance of your stay? Can you doublecheck there that prices are consistent for the entire stay (so that if you only need some of the hotels you're currently searching for you wouldn't find that the rates have gone up too much (if not the same)). What is the hotel you're finding at $65/nite?

THe Howard Johnson in Reseda. I'd have to avoid rush hour and the drive would be about 25-30 minutes, I think. The remodeled rooms sound nice. I'm starting to think the split is too complicated. Res inn only has rooms for the weekend according to their site. that leaves courtyard and my husband want me to not go up to the 110 we had planned on now that he knows of hojo. Do you know of any other better hotel ideas no further than hojo?

I think you are right. The rep I was talking to about hojo said it was 12 miles away from my son's place in BH. When I did a mapquest, it was 18! Big difference!

Maybe I can use your earlier suggestion and try for a Bev Hill hotel part of the time and Culver city zone the other part? Prices look low in Culver city. Can you help me with a game plan? I'm ready to bid again.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]