Priceline Hotel: 2* Grand Junction Americas Best Value Inn

mdavis107
By mdavis107,
in

Hi,

This will be the first time I have used Priceline. I decided to try it out since we are on a limited budget, (driving 2000+miles) around Colorado and from the 13th-17th we will be staying in hotels. Priceline seemed like the way to go since the areas we are visiting have plentiful hotels and are sort of touristy.

Grand Junction, CO: July 13

Cortez, CO: July 14

Montrose, CO: July 15

Colorado Springs: July 16

I would like to spend less than $80/night including taxes+fees/night if possible. There will be three of us and we don't really care where we stay or what class hotel it is as long as it is cheap. What would be your recommendation for starting bids in these places? My inclination would be to lowball in Grand Junction, and Colorado Springs since they have larger metro areas. We could also stay in Moab, UT instead of Grand Junction on the 13th... Would you recommend Priceline for this trip and if so would you start at 1* low bids and move up or what? I have never used priceline before as you can tell. I plan to make these reservations on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of next week and I will only use priceline if it is less than what I can get on Hotwire. Retail is very high right now. Thank You for your help in advance!!!

• 10 months later...

Another thread that I never followed up on. Another apology...this trip was awesome, but I completely forgot that I asked for priceline help with it. When I did book two different times, I used the link.

I won, to the best of my memory...

2* Super 8 Moab, Utah for $65 for two nights. This was a great hotel with a lot of foreigners. Clean, great pool, great location, free breakfast, super cheap for Moab. I don't remember the dates, because it was last year.

2* Grand Junction, CO for one night for $65. America's Best Value Inn near the airport. For one night it did not suck, but it was dirty and the power went out. Again, I can't remember the date.

I apologize for not posting these before now, but I have been on hiatus from traveling since last summer.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]