Priceline Hotel: 4* San Antonio (Downtown-Riverwalk) Marriott San Antonio Plaza

nahtg
By nahtg,
in

Can't seem to get a deal for a 4* hotel in the Downtown-Riverwalk(only) area of San Antonio for Friday the 4th thru Sun the 6th. Took Priceline to $110 (using auto rebid tricks) and got nowhere. Hotwire only has good rates if I come book earlier or stay later( like 4 days)

Yea, I would stay at a 3* in the same area for the same dates as long as it wasnt more than $70. Am I asking for too much? I do have my backup room booked at motel 6 ( UGGG!!!) just in case...

Please Help

Thanks in advance

Yes, I used the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links provided in this wonderful forum

On Expedia.com - the 4* Emily Morgan for $152 - $10 using promo code WB06 = $142

3.5* Havana Riverwalk Inn - 72 hour sale price $149.25 - $10 WB06 promo code = $139.25

4* Sheraton Gunter - $149 - $10 WB06 = $139.

If you book via Expedia using your Mastercard, you get a $25 gas card sent to you, as well.

Please use the site's link to Expedia.com if you are interested in any of these ideas.

Hey, thanks for your help. I should have been a little more clear in stating that the $179 is the total for the whole weeekend.... both nights, not a nightly rate.

Also, how do you find all these promo codes? Is there a site or something?

There is a 4* on Hotwire that has the amenities: Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business in the Riverwalk North area, which would appear to be a potential match for the Hotel Valencia. That would be $129 a night. $258 vs. $175 for the Motel 6. If this would be in your budget range, you could look at it as about a $40 a night upgrade.

Thanks for the links to the promo sites

There is a 4* on Hotwire that has the amenities: Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business in the Riverwalk North area, which would appear to be a potential match for the Hotel Valencia. That would be $129 a night.
What do you mean 'potential match for the Hotel Valencia"? And how do you do that?

If you search HOTWIRE do you see a hotel offered with the amenities that AaronJB listed in the quote above?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

As per the Hotwire Hotel List for this area this amenity combination has previously been associated with the Hotel Valencia.

We can't see the hotel name either, and there could always be another hotel in this zone with the same exact star rating and amenity combination, but based upon the information above, the best guess is that this 4* property being offered in the Hotel Valencia.

If you do go for this offer please use our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase. (or our PRICELINE link if you continue down that path)

Let su know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the very least, I would certainly change the backup plan. You can get a room at the 3.5 star Hilton San Antonio Airport-Northstar for $94 a night on Expedia with the WB06 promo code. I realize it is out of your area, but even the Motel 6 is probably at least a mile from the Riverwalk and it's a far cry better than that. Even if you don't have a car, the Hilton has a free shuttle to the North Star Mall where they have frequent buses to the downtown/riverwalk area for a dollar. You can check out the bus schedule at http://www.viainfo.net/ . It is a nonrefundable rate so I would exhaust the other possiblities first.

I am sure a lot of you have seen my other post about trying to get a 4* for the July the 4th weekend. Well, after about 10000 different bids at different amounts, I finally stepped my bid up. You can a better rate at Hotwire , but only if you stay longer than 2 nights and on their terms. So I am happy with what I got. Does anyone remember that my back up was the Motel 6 out side the loop for $180. For $100 more, to move up to a 4* 1 block off the Riverwalk is OK with me!!!

Started at $75 ( more realistic for this holiday weekend and also a 4*)

Check-In Date: Friday, July 4, 2008

Check-Out Date: Sunday, July 6, 2008

Hotel Name: Marriott San Antonio Plaza

555 South Alamo Street

San Antonio, Texas 78205

210-229-1000

Summary of Charges

Your Offer Price: $115.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 2

Subtotal: $230.00

Taxes and Service Fees: $48.73

Total Charges*: $278.73

Arrival Information

Check-In and Checkout

* Check-in: 3:00 PM

Check-out: 12:00 PM

* Video Review Billing , Video Checkout

* Express Check-In and Express Checkout

Parking

* On-site parking, fee: 2.5 USD hourly, 19 USD daily

* Valet parking, fee: 25 USD daily

For a set daily rate of 9.95 you get, in your guest room:

1. High-speed Internet access

2. Unlimited local phone calls

3. Unlimited long distance calls (within the country), not available in all markets

Prices may vary in a few markets.

Congratulations on yoru win!

Glad to hear you were ultimately successful and able to upgrade your back-up accomodations and for less.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Used my bonus cash from PRICELINE, and I tried for a car, got a Mid size for 8 dollars a day for 3 days with unlimited miles

BTW, I went back and looked at the Motel 6 quote, and it did not include taxes and fees. Total came to $205. SO Yea, now I really feel great, cuz it only took $70 to upgrade to my new one!

RiverWalk here I come!! I'll be the drunk guy with my shirt off hanging from the side as my friends are keeping me from jumping into the water..

Just kidding, but still....

Woot!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]