Priceline Hotel: when's a good time to start requesting 08/11-08/16 in Del Mar area

bidder5000
By bidder5000,
in

bidder5000,

It's expected that you follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing for your stays... this keeps the board better organized and helps provide information for others who come here seeking information on wiinning bids.

Will you be following up this thread to conclusion by posting whatever you end up doing for this stay, or will it end up like your other threads where users are left wondering whether you ultimately found success, cancelled the trip, booked thru other means, etc?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

To proceed with PRICELINE, which zones (by priceline name) are you willing to accpet?

What is your maximum bid for this stay? Are you willing to pay more for a 4* vs. a 3* OR are you looking for the least expensive 3* or better hotel in any of the zones that you select?

Let us know the above and we'll be able to suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you so much!

I have revised dates August 14-16 or August 13-16

Areas to stay

1st Preference

Del Mar

North County Coastal (formerly Carlsbad - Encinitas - Cardiff)

2nd Preference

San Diego Coastal

3rd Preference

Coronado

I will pay higher for 4* since that is my preference.

I would like to pay around $150 a night max if possible.

thanks in advance for your help!!!!

I will pay higher for 4* since that is my preference.

You included Del Mar with your "first choice" zones, but Del Mar only goes to 3*.

Does that mean you want to bid to $150 for a 4* in the three other zones (Coronado, Coastal, and North County) before trying for a 3* in Del Mar?

Our friends are staying in Del Mar so we want to be fairly close to them. I do not like the reviews on some of the 3* hotels in Del Mar so I am wondering if I should try other areas to insure a better hotel?

so, here's my plan

1st Choice

Carlsbad Area 4*

2nd Choice

San Diego (Coastal) 4*

4* Estancia La Jolla Hotel and Spa

4* Hilton San Diego Resort

4* Hilton Torrey Pines tripadvisor review

4* Hyatt Regency Islandia Mission Bay (previously 3*) REVIEW / tripadvisor review

4* Hyatt Regency La Jolla REVIEW / tripadvisor review

3rd Choice

San Diego (Coronado)

4*

4* Loews tripadvisor review

4* Marriott Coronado Resort tripadvisor review

4th Choice

3 * Del Mar

San Diego (Del Mar)

3* Doubletree REVIEW / tripadvisor review

3* Hilton Del Mar REVIEW

3* Marriott

So given the above, how important is your zone preference vs. price?

Would you want to first try for a 4* in the Carlsbad area up to your limit and then if rejected try for your second choice of a 4* in the Coastal zone up to your limit, and so on and so on thru your preferences, OR...

Since all three of your first choices are for 4* properties, is price most important and your first choice would be the least expensive 4* hotel in either the Carlsbad, Coastal, or Coronado zones?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]