Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Long Island-Suffolk County (Hauppauge) Holiday Inn Express

dahammer
By dahammer,
in

Thanks to this recent post from martyYYZ1, I was able to craft a winning bid in the Hauppauge area. I first submitted a $58 bid in the tiny Brentwood zone at the 2.5* level and was rejected as I believed the only property is the new Wingate Hotel. I started a new 3* bid in the Hauppauge zone at $54 and then added Stony Brook as a rebid zone at $58 with no luck. I began a new $60 bid at the 2.5* level in Hauppauge thinking that I would get upgraded to the Sheraton or Hyatt and was surprised to get the HIX. Probably overbid for this stay, but it was a same day bid.

Your Offer Price: $60.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $13.67

Total Charges: $73.67

The Sheraton is a nice hotel but wifi is $10 and breakfast would be on me, so I would rather stay in a 2.5* property as these typically have free internet and free breakfast......just so long as I don't run into those nitwits hanging around the breakfast bar as featured on the new Holiday Inn Express TV spot. The rack rate is $140.

Dinner will be at Tango Argentinian Steak House in nearby Islip. Made my winning bids through the PRICELINE links on the board.

Congratulations on your win!

Sounds like this works better for your needs even better than the higher rated 3* Sheraton... glad to hear this works well for you and thanks for helpnig us add this new hotel to the Priceline Hotel List.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and for using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Hope you're enjoying your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]