Priceline Hotel: 4* San Diego (North County Coastal) Sheraton Carlsbad

bruinfan
By bruinfan,
in

Looking for 4* in Carlsbad July 7-9

Appears to be only two hotels listed with Sheraton as the one most selected.

First Bid $80 - Rejected (recently accepted by another member for June)

HOTWIRE appears to show the same property for $155. Recently, $133.

Without spending too much time, am I in the ballpark?

First Bid $80 - Rejected (recently accepted by another member for June)
That other member was me!

:)

I got it for $80 on a single Sunday night, which is usually the slowest night of the week. The Hotwire rate was $109 that night and Sheraton's best price was $189.

You're bidding for a Monday and Tuesday. The Hotwire rate is $149 now and Sheraton's best price is $209.

The strike price on Priceline is usally less than on Hotwire but I don't know by how much here, since there's no other bid history. Offhand I'd guess somewhere around $120 or $130, but that's a guess.

From $80 I'd keep going up $10 per free rebid until you hit.

Please use this PRICELINE link. Please share your results.

Without spending too much time, am I in the ballpark?
Was that quick enough for you?

:)

So rejected again today @ $90

I was a little nervous about free rebid stategy as their names on the map do not match up with names on hotel list page. Only want Carlsbad Area.

For example,

No North County Inland Hotel shows 4* on Hotel Page is it safe to asume this map is th same as Racho Bernardo?

Same for Escondido is this the same as Escondido/Vista

Same for Mission Valey is the same as Mission Valley/Kearny Mesa

Don't want to make a careless mistake. Thanks

As noted at the top of the Priceline Hotel List, you shoudn't be using the hotel lists to determine your re-bid zones. The correct way to determine your re-bid zones is explained here: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained

When bidding 4* in San Diego you have ten re-bid zones. See if you can determine your re-bid zones using the information in the link above and confirm them with the board. If you're confused just post back and we'll break it down, step-by-step, for you.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I show 14 total areas in San Diego. SO if I am rejected I would have 13 other choices not 10. I do see the 10 zones but I guess I am confused trying to figure out these 10 fit into the 13 choices to check off.

Thanks, I am not sure if this is typical or not.

DON"T bid yet.... you need to backtrack a minute.

List each zone (all 14 of them) and the highest star rating available in each zone, using the following technique from Priceline Re-Bidding Explained:

The way to check what star levels are available in each zone is to open a Priceline page, check ONLY the zone you are inquiring about, and then proceed to the next page (as if you were going to select a zone)... this will give you the available star ratings in that area. You can then hit BACK on your browser, uncheck the current box, check the next box, and repeat the process. It is important to do this before EACH attempt at adding a zone that you really don't want, as new hotels can be added and the star ratings can change at any time. (NOTE: for most users Priceline has updated their interface making the above process easier... simply check a zone and note the highest star rating available within each zone, UNcheck that zone and checkmark the next zone, repeating the process)

If you're confused by the above post back and we'll break it down further... otherwise list the zones and the highest star level and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

ok, I think i finally get it. I didn't see the Stars fade when you click on different areas.

Highest Stars (3 with 4 stars not including North County)

Sorrento-Mesa 2.5

San ysidro - 2.5

Rancho Bernardo - 3

National City - 3

Miramar -3

Escondido -3

Del Mar- 3

East County -2

Pointe Loma -3

Mission Valley - 3

So I can re-bid 10 times!

BTW- what does Best Deal mean - symbol shows up in my desired 4 star and desired zone

Congratualtions... you have your re-bid zones correct? (always doublecheck them just before each bidding cycle to make sure that no hotels have been added to any of the zones which would possibly make them no longer a re-bid zones)

So assuming you're willing to go up to $120-$130 as per above you can try bidding as follows to begin:

Select 4* North County Coastal (i'm assuming this is the zone you want and can acept a hotel anywhere within the shaded region of the zone)...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

:) $120 @ night Sheraton Carlsbad Accepted

July 7-9

Bid Sat - 80

Sun - 90

Mon - 100,105,110,115,120

Hotwire Price - $149

Sheraton/Expedia Internet Rate $209

Would have liked a bit cheaper, but going to Legoland with child so probably can't beat convenience. May have cost myself a few dollars as last week Hotwire was listed for $133.

Used Better Bidding PRICELINE Link when bidding and accepted.

Thanks for walking rookie through the steps to successful bidding.

Would have liked a bit cheaper, but going to Legoland with child so probably can't beat convenience.

A 40% discount sounds pretty good to me and there's simply no better location for visiting Legoland. When I stayed at Sheraton a couple weeks ago they were building a walking path/road so Sheraton guests could walk directly from the hotel grounds into Legoland without driving.

Enjoy your stay!

Congratulations on your win!

Glad to hear of your success and receiving a hotel which sounds like it will work very well for your needs... we're happy to have helped.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE links to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay and have fun at Legoland with your child.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]