Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (USE) Westin St Francis

slruud
By slruud,
in

It appears we are in the older tower. No offer was made for an upgrade, but I did call and request a king bed and they accomodated us. I am currently at Borders, scabbing off the free wireless from Union Square.

Tadich Grill was excellent for lunch yesterday, and getting ready to head out to Cafe Puccini in North Beach probbly followed by Irish Coffee at Buena Vista.

Cheers.

I haven't stayed at Westin St Francis but some reviewers mention the new tower being much nicer than the old, and getting moved to the new tower on a Priceline reservation for an upgrade fee....I think $30 or $40?

I just saw your other post that you moved to another hotel for your second night. I guess you weren't too happy at the St Francis then. At least you ate well!

Colfax,

Even though the room at the St. Francis was ok, even though it was in the old tower, it in no way compared to the room at the Market Street location. After being thrown out of the bar at Michael Mina's for wearing shorts...amazing to me that in these economic times a business would throw out someone willing to pay $10 + for a martini...we decided to try something else. The bidding gods were with me this time, and looking forward to our trip in 3 weeks at the new Intercontinental.

Sorry to hear you got bounced from the bar at Michael Mina's, especially given the fact just about "anything goes" in San Francisco. I've pretty much boycotted the St Francis ever since they closed the classic Compass Rose and replaced it with the contemporary Michael Mina bar/restaurant. So good for you for taking your business elsewhere!

After being thrown out of the bar at Michael Mina's for wearing shorts...amazing to me that in these economic times a business would throw out someone willing to pay $10 + for a martini...we decided to try something else.

I'll fix you a martini for just nine bucks, slruud, and you can wear whatever you want!

We'll have to meet up on our next trip on the 7/17 - 7/19. I drink can martinis of lot a. I'll try to remember to dress.

Scratch my last post, BEAV. I think I've got a customer!

It would be fun to meet, slruud. I'll jot those dates down. I'll bring a sheet along, just in case.

:)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]