Priceline Hotel: California Hotels

jdmss
By jdmss,
in

I am wanting to book on Priceline the Radisson in Buena Park - 3*

Priceline has areas that aren't included in your Orange County areas.

eg. Fountain Valley, Fullerton, Garden Grove and Seal Beach.

I found info on "the other board" that does include these areas and they are showing they do not have any 3* hotels ( in these above areas).

I would like to use these areas when I re-bid, should I trust the other boards *'s.

I trust this site on your opinion. Thank you !!!

I subscribe to the theory that if Priceline lists a star rating in a zone then they have contracts with hotels at that star level in that area. There may only be one hotel in the area and they have such a high rate (ie- the same as 'traditional bookings') that they have never been won, but the prudent approach is to not use such zones as re-bids... the hotel could have a change in policy, now offer a 'reasonable' Priceline rate, and you'll end up winning a hotel in the zone you don't really want.

RE-BIDDING explains the proper way to figure out which zones are your 'true' re-bid zones:

The way to check what star levels are available in each zone is to open a Priceline page, check ONLY the zone you are inquiring about, and then proceed to the next page (as if you were going to select a zone)... this will give you the available star ratings in that area. You can then hit BACK on your browser, uncheck the current box, check the next box, and repeat the process. It is important to do this before EACH attempt at adding a zone that you really don't want, as new hotels can be added and the star ratings can change at any time.

This is why i favor starting your bidding early enough so that you don't have to take unnecessary 'chances'.

If you'd like a recommended bidding strategy please post the dates and for your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

In re-reading your post i have to clarify...

you won't be bidding for a specific hotel, you're bidding on a zone and quality level. You could get a hotel other than the Radisson.

If this is acceptable let us know and we'll suggest a strategy to follow.

If the Radisson is the only property you are willing to accept, i found a rate on the RADISSON website for $109, while Expedia has it for $94. IF Radisson considers these to be the same 'room type' and you submit a successful claim for their 'low rate guarantee' they'll honor the $94/nite rate less an add'l 25%. This would still likely result in a higher rate than Priceline, but is an option if you only want to stay at the Radisson.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You do have 3 RE-BIDS in this zone (feel free to confirm them with the board if you're unsure).

This is how i would bid:

Select 3* Buena Park zone and...

Bid $30, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $35, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $45.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

We prefer to teach others how to determine re-bid zones (rather than just tell them) since it's important to check the zones before each round of bidding.

Please read thru RE-BIDS EXPLAINED so that you know how to determine re-bid zones on your own. Once you have figured out yoru re-bid zones for this area post the re-bid zones in this thread and we'll confirm that you have it right.

If you're confused about re-bids just ask your question here and we'll further explain whatever concept is causing the trouble.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]