Hotwire Hotel: ID 2 star Hollywood-West Hollywood

agbcham
By agbcham,
in

Are you still seeing this property offered on a current HOTWIRE search? I'm not seeing it on my own HOTWIRE search.

If you do still see it, are you searching for more than one room and/or more than the default 2adults/0children? What is the price?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I see the property now, but unfortunately it has not yet been identified.

The TripAdvisor reviews aren't bad for a 2* property, but i think there may also be areas of this zone which are a bit 'sketchy' and not sure i would chance a 2* hotel in the zone... perhaps somebody more familiar with the area than i am can comment.

What is your maximum budget for this stay? (per nite before fees and taxes)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

With a $120 budget you don't need to gamble on a 2* in Hollywood. You might win the 4* Westin Bonaventure Downtown on PRICELINE for $75 or so. It could be a different 4* hotel too but usually Westin comes up.

Parking is expensive at Westin but even with parking you'd still be under $120, and you could take the Metro from Downtown to Hollywood and Dodger stadium.

It's possible that $120 might be enough for a 4* in Hollywood zone too.

This is just a general question--I am trying to book at hotel in the downtown area 3 1/2 stars or higher. Prices are much higher for 3 people (2 adults 1 child) than for 2 people. Can I risk booking for 2 and then asking to double beds? Also is it worth risking this on priceline in downtown LA.

Thanks

That's just the issue... it's a risk.

Somebody more familiar with Downtown Los Angeles will hopefully reply, but there is also a further discussion of this in the link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

The advice may differ as well if you're looking for 2adults/1child (as just posted) vs. if you're looking for 2adults/2children (as posted previously)... what is the actual occupancy you need. It also may help to know the age of your child(ren) as the advice may also differ if the child is 4 years old vs. 15 years old.

How would you handle it if the hotel was only able to give you a room with one bed? Would you (and your spouse) be 'ok' with your child putting some sheets/blankets on the floor and using that as a bed... or would you be willing to go to a local target/walmart and buy an inflatable mattress (or pool raft if desperate) and use that as a bed?

If the above seem like viable solutions then perhaps it would be worth the risk to you... if the above wouldn't be acceptable then you may be better off only purchasing a hotel when searching for the 'true' occupancy.

• 2 months later...
This is likely the Super 8 Hollywood. Avoid it if you can.

If you've received this property on a previous purchase can you please add the details of your purchase to the board so that we can add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List... the details of your purchase may still be available by using the MY ACCOUNT link at the top right of HOTWIRE's home page.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]