Priceline Hotel: 4* San Diego (North County Coastal) Sheraton Carlsbad Resort

Colfax
By Colfax,
in

Mystery solved. This is the unidentified 4* in North County Coastal zone. I was expecting the Sheraton because PRICELINE's 4* option in North County Coastal zone popped up shortly after the Sheraton opened in February 2008.

Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa

5480 Grand Pacific Drive

Carlsbad, CA 92008

$75 was rejected. $80 accepted. HOTWIRE had a 4* in Carlsbad for $109. Sheraton's website showed many available room types and prices, ranging from $189 for a traditional room to $399 for a suite. The $189 traditional room is what I was given.

Ocean view rooms are an extra $20. I asked a maid to let me into an ocean view room for a peek and I actually preferred the golf course view that I had over the ocean view. The hotel is about 1.5 miles inland so there's not much an ocean view on a clear day and when it's hazy out there's no ocean view at all.

This hotel is next door to LegoLand. A desk clerk told me that a road or path will be built providing a direct pedestrian connection from the hotel's grounds into LegoLand.

The hotel is so new that "Grand Pacific Drive" doesn't show up on Google or Yahoo maps yet.

Self parking is $8/night and valet parking $12/night. No resort fee. I don't know why but the hotel didn't charge me for parking.

Hotel rooms are in two separate buildings, each three stories, with underground parking. One building opened in February and the second building, where I was, opened in May. The desk clerk told me I was one of the first to occupy my room. I didn't feel I got a "Priceline room" at all. I was on third floor, which is the top floor, with the best views. This was a Sunday night stay though, which is often the slowest day of the week. I wouldn't expect the same room, or the same $80 price on a Friday or Saturday. But who knows?

Hotel has a large pool, gym, spa, and conference center. The restaurant looked nice but I didn't try it.

Congratulations on your win!

Thanks for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Sounds like you enjoyed your stay and hopefully you found the 4* hotel worth the extra expense.

Thank you for the post and detailed report.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]