Priceline Hotel: South SF REJECTED 6-24 thru 6-28

socaldave
By socaldave,
in

I travel to SF monthly. Have always had instant success with South SF Homewood Suites by Hilton. I was rejected this time. I thought it was a fluke so I tried again with a friend's account. 2nd Rejection. I liked it because of the kitchenette. Anyone heard if Hilton is raising their prices?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Checking the MARRIOTT website shows a much higher rate for the first and last nite of your stay vs. the middle nites. As for the Homewood Suites i found promo rates (cheap by 'conventional booking' standards) that were not available for the first nite of your stay... this 'high' nites may likely be what is preventing your bids from being accepted.

I have merged your two posts in order to keep all bids for the same dates in the same thread.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Seems to me like yield management at work. The hotel seems to be very full on thurday and pretty full over friday and saturday. My take would be that they do not release any rooms to priceline for the whole time and probably even only at higher prices for friday and saturday.

My suggestion: If you split your stay, try thursday in a different zone (e.g. the airport) and bid 6/25-6/28 in one go starting for South San Francisco at 40$ per night for a 2.5* raising 3$ each re-bid if rejected by adding San Francisco Downtown zones (note the risk that they could also have 2.5* or better hotels, but my assumption would be that these are substantially higher).

Stop at 49$ if you are not successful and reconsider the airport zone at that point which even with parking and breakfast should be in the same range. Good luck, and let us know about the outcome!

Greetings - Dirk

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]