Priceline Hotel: N00b to priceline. Bidding Advice requested

Jacko
By Jacko,
in

Dear all,

I need some bidding advice on a hotel (Las Vegas North/South Strip 4*) for 2 Nights (Friday 29th Aug till 31rd Aug). Since I am new to priceline or to bidding on hotel rooms I need some advice to start by bid.

Regards,

Jacko

The Nethelands

Regards,

Jacko, The Netherlands

Please use HOTWIRE and thse PRICELINKS HOTELS , CAR RENTALS and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Before suggesting a strategy to follow, just to make sure you're aware, the "strip" zones extend a little off the strip as well. For example, the South Strip zone contains the Westin, which while in the South Strip zone, is not directly on the strip (although most find it walkable). Likewise, the North Strip zone has the reported 5* Trump International, which is also within the boundaries of the zone but not on the strip itself. Would being slightly off strip be an acceptable outcome?

What is your nightly budget for this trip?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know the above and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am aware that several hotels are not located on the strip its self (I checked zone's) but that not problem. We can walk or use our rental car.

The budget rate is around $130,- (Per night) if it would be more then I will book a room at the las vegas Hilton (currently arround $120, a night).

Regards,

Jacko

Regards,

Jacko, The Netherlands

Please use HOTWIRE and thse PRICELINKS HOTELS , CAR RENTALS and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the 4* level you have two re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Strip South...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Strip North...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Strip South and re-bid zone2...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Strip North and re-bid zone2...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* North Strip and South Strip...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* North Strip and South Strip and re-bid zone2...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $120

I'd start with the above, if rejected post back and we'll revise to try again in 24 hours going up to your limit of $130.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases. (note: if you end up booking the Las Vegas Hilton we are an affiliate, as per the Hilton link in our support page, please use our link to begin your reservation if you go this route)

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I tried this method, and I'm mad - it ended up booking me a room at the Renaissance! Which is in Zone 2!! Even though you say to include zone 2 because it doesn't contain any 4 star hotels. So now I'm stuck with a room at the Renaissance, when I wanted to be closer to the Strip. Thanks.

Oh, and you can't bid on Zone 1, so I don't know what you're talking about.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

At the 4* level you have two re-bid zones
Based upon your interpretation there would be many more than two re-bid zones... first sign that you should have asked for help before bidding.
If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.
We suggest that if you're new to this you ask for help and confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding... you did neither. :)

I'm sorry to hear you ended up on an area that you didn't intend, but as you may now know, "re-bid zone1" is not the same as Zone1 in PRICELINE's list of zones, "re-bid zone2" is not the same as Zone2 in priceline's list of zones, etc, etc. If you decide to give PRICELINE a try in the future feel free to post the details of your trip and ask for help before bidding.

Hope the location of the Renaissance works out better for you than you think and you have better luck in Vegas.

I tried this method, and I'm mad - it ended up booking me a room at the Renaissance! Which is in Zone 2!! Even though you say to include zone 2 because it doesn't contain any 4 star hotels. So now I'm stuck with a room at the Renaissance, when I wanted to be closer to the Strip. Thanks.

Oh, and you can't bid on Zone 1, so I don't know what you're talking about.

PRICELINE is not the way to go if you need a guarantee. It also has a learning curve. We are fortunate to have a board like this one as a way to gain knowledge on how to go about using priceline. I'm sorry it did not turn out as you would have liked, but the property you are staying at has been given good reviews (with the exception that they are not strict on their no smoking policy). Since you have a car, then all is not lost. Use valet services for a few bucks and just enjoy your time away from home.

I would recommend going to the Comedy Stop at the Tropicana. Hard telling how much longer they will be there.

Cheryl

PS,, would you mind letting us know what your winning bid was? Someone in the future might be looking for a property in the area of your winning bid. It will help them 'learn' what 'might' come up with a possible pricing.

• 10 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]