Priceline Hotel: 2* Portland (Beaverton-Hillsboro) Extended StayAmerica

nameht
By nameht,
in

Hello all

For the past two days been trying to book hotel through PRICELINE in either Downtown or Convention Center Lloyd

Here are my following bids (with free rebid zones)

Downtown Location Day 1

$55

$58 ---> Using NW Portland

$65 ---> Using Beaverton - Hillsboro

Convention Center-Lloyd Center Day 1

$40

$50 ---> Using NW Portland

$55 ---> Using Beaverton - Hillsboro

Downtown Location Day 2

$67

$73 ---> Using NW Portland

$78 ---> Using Beaverton - Hillsboro

Convention Center-Lloyd Center Day 2

$57

$62 ---> Using NW Portland

$67 ---> Using Beaverton - Hillsboro

Had no luck with either... They are fairly high bids as well if i am not mistaken, am i doing something wrong?

Dates are June 24th - 26th

Any help would be great!

Rates are dates specific. I just tried searching for your dates and 3 out of 4 hotels i chose at random are sold-out for your dates above. The hotel that was available was over $200+/nite and therefore your highest bid wasn't even 50% of this rate.

What is the best rate you're able to find at a suitable property for this stay? (use our BetterChecker to assist in your search). What is your maximum bid? Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

Let us know the above and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Since the 3* Doubletree and Red Lion are sold out I thought this might be a perfect opportunity for getting a 2.5* in the Convention Center zone. Many, including me, prefer the 2.5* Courtyard and Residence Inn in CC over the older 3* hotels there. But they're tough to win on PRICELINE because 2.5* bids almost always get "upgraded" to 3* in that zone.

Unfortunately Courtyard and Residence Inn are sold out too. Ditto for the other 2.5* Residence Inn in Downtown zone.

:)

What's going on in Portland those days?

Hotwire has a 4* Downtown for $102. I can't identify the hotel, but it's possible you could win something Downtown on PRICELINE for a few dollars more than the $78 you've already bid. If you're willing I'd suggest trying $80-$85 for 4* Downtown; then $80 for 3*.

Otherwise there's better availability and prices in the suburbs.

I also tried for July 8 and ended up with Red Lion at $133 (total for 2 rooms). Everything else seemed sold out. When I looked at the 2.5* it was the same problem as you're facing, sold out. Either that or the hotels (residence inn) have made changes with price-line. Strange but when I looked for availability for 2 nights it seemed available but for only one night it didn't show availability.

I hit my max of $85 for downtown Portland locations, I am now trying the 2.5* Hotels in Hillsboro

Only have 1 free rebid zone (I think)

first bid $43

second $50 --> Using NW Portland as free rebid zone

no luck yet, not sure why I am getting so unlucky

will try again tomorrow i guess

might I have more luck if I split into two 1 night stays?

Were you rejected to $85 for 3* Downtown too? Or just 4*? How high did you bid for 3* Downtown?

Also, do you have a reason for choosing Beaverton/Hillsboro as your Downtown alternative? Hillsboro's about as far from Downtown as you can get. Lake Oswego/Tigard zone is a good area and nearer to Downtown than Hillsboro. Sometimes there are Priceline deals in Lake Oswego/Tigard zone, including a Residence Inn.

If you're willing to switch hotels you might have some luck bidding your two nights Downtown separately.

Yes I also tried $85 3* and was rejected

I am coming out to Portland to look for apartments in the Hillsboro/Forest Grove area as I am attending Pacific University this upcoming fall

I would of rathered stayed in downtown Portland just so I had the opportunity to look around Portland downtown at night, but if I cant get that area for a decent price I might as well stay in Hillsboro so I can be close to where I need to be

I am coming out to Portland to look for apartments in the Hillsboro/Forest Grove area as I am attending Pacific University this upcoming fall

In that case staying in the Beaverton/Hillsboro zone makes perfect sense.

There's not a lot of recent bid history for 2.5* hotels in B/H zone, so it's hard to say how high you'll have to go. My guess is that you're fairly close at the $50 you've already bid.

Northwest Portland is your only free rebid zone for 2.5* in Portland. But you can use Downtown and Convention Center zones as if they were free rebids since you're willing to stay in those zones.

Tomorrow I'd try this:

$45/2.5* Beaverton/Hillsboro

Add CC at $50.

Add DT at $55.

Add NW Portland at $60.

There are several Extended Stay America hotels in Beaverton/Hillsboro and you might be able to get one of those as a Priceline 2* for $40 or less. Very basic accomodation but inexpensive.

Good luck!

One other thought....the Jupiter Hotel near the Convention Center is available on HOTWIRE for $55. It's sort of a "party hotel" and not many people over 30 stay there. You can look at the reviews on TripAdvisor and see if it's an option for you. Jupiter can be right if you want to experience Downtown Portland's nightlife, but don't plan on a good night's sleep.

Since the 3* Doubletree and Red Lion are sold out I thought this might be a perfect opportunity for getting a 2.5* in the Convention Center zone. Many, including me, prefer the 2.5* Courtyard and Residence Inn in CC over the older 3* hotels there. But they're tough to win on PRICELINE because 2.5* bids almost always get "upgraded" to 3* in that zone.

*EXACTLY*! I'm with you all the way............. for CC Portland I prefer the 2.5* over the 'so called' upgrade to the 3* usually that upgrade will be the DTree Lloyd Ctr which I have had 2 bad experiences with. Not sure why DTree (Hilton chain??) treat PL'ers so badly?? All other Hilton brands like the Garden Inn @ L.Oswego which I have won several bids for have been excellent.

This is why I NEVER will bid for DT Portland or CC area anymore....fearing DTree. :)

How would you get the Doubletree by bidding for a room in Downtown Portland? :)

what i meant was Lloyd Centre/Convention Centre Zone....i always request 2.5* for my preferred zones & twice in the past I was 'upgraded' to the 3* DT Lloyd Ctr.

as far as complaining goes....all i'm saying is that PL'ers should not be descriminated against....otherwise don't be a part of the program.

& yes i'm sure some people might have had better experiences than me @ DoubleTree...but the 2 times I've been there, it was not pleasant.....maybe they just don't like my face?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]