I am looking for hotel in hotwire with following :

Jersey City, NJ

Check in - 30th June

Check out - 4th July

Adults - 2, Child (0-12) - 2

And I am getting following options, where I am keen :

3.5* Secaucus-Meadowlands

86 USD, best value

Fitness center, Restaurant, Internet access, Pool, Business center, golf nearby.

trip advisor - 3.0/5, 40+ customer ratings

My guess : Sheraton Meadowlands

Any help ?

2* Secaucus Meadowlands

73 USD, best value

Laundry

My guess : Howard Johnson

2* Hoboken-Jersey City

79 USD, compl breakfast, laundry,

tripadvisor - 2.5/5, 40+ ratings

My guess : Howard Johnson

Also, I am confused, how come Howard Johnson North bergen can come in both 2* of Secaucus and Hoboken area (based on hotel listing). I checked and saw that there is only one Howard Johnson in that area.

Pls help, which one of Howard Johnson. And which one is other one.

I heard that Howard Johnson offers shuttle service to NYC. Does anybody know about it ?

Since I am going by car, In either of the hotel, I can drive to Path train station and then go to NYC. Should be ok ?

Sanjay

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I think the 3.5* is the Sheraton Meadowlands, a nice hotel, but having a car makes it easier to get around. I believe the Sheraton offers shuttle service to the Secaucus Junction train station or to a bus stop in Secaucus, but you should call the hotel to confirm scheduled departure and return times.

The 2* with Laundry is probably the Extended Stay America in East Rutherford. I'm not a big fan of ESA, but it has a small kitchen with refrigerator that might work well for your family.

The 2* in Hoboken- Jersey City could be the Howard Johnson's Express in North Bergen or possibly the Super 8, but it appears that this offer is gone. I'm not aware of any shuttle service offered by HoJo's, but I would not stay here when travelling alone and would never stay here with my family.

Driving to a PATH station from Secaucus is possible but may not your best option, you would have to drive south on Tonelle Ave. (Rts. 1&9) to the Journal Square station, I'm not sure the current parking fee. I prefer to drive to the North Bergen Park and Ride and take the NJ Transit 320 bus to the Port Authoritty Bus Terminal, parking and one round trip bus fare is $8.50 and additional adult tickets are $5.20 round trip. The bus service is frequent.

Please use the HOTWIRE link on the board if you proceed with this purchase as the links make this board a valuable, free travel resource.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please use the HOTWIRE link on the board if you proceed with this purchase as the links make this board a valuable, free travel resource.

Hi,

Thanks for your help. I went ahead with 3.5* and indeed it was Sheraton Meadowlands.

I have indicated earlier facilities mentioned there.

And this time also I used your HOTWIRE link. Hope that you can keep this forum active. Very helpful and I will come back again.

30th June - 4th July

3.5* Secaucus-Meadowlands

89 USD per day

Thanks for your help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]