Priceline Hotel: 4* DC (White House-Downtown) Loews Madison

RobbieRob
By RobbieRob,
in

• 2 weeks later...

Are you willing to accept a hotel anywhere within the boundaries of PRICELINE's White House/Downtown zone? Is that the only zone you're willing to bid?

You can see the 4* hotels already reported in this zone, and the other zones, in the Priceline Hotel List... keeping in mind the comments at the top of the hotel list and that you could receive a 4* hotel not yet reported.

What is your maximum bid for this stay?

Let us know the above and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the 4* level you have four re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* White House...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and use our links to re-access PRICELINE.

Select 4* White House and re-bid zone4...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $100.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

OK, I will try that in the next couple of days using your PRICELINE links and tell you how it went.

I am booking a room for me and my sister, and one for my parents - is there any way I can influence the beds in the room? I would like to have 2 queens for me and my sister, and a king for my parents - any chance to do so?

Congratulations on your win!

Glad to hear the board was helpful in saving you money and you received the hotel you were considering booking direct!

I called the hotel and was told a taxi from Dulles is about $50, and given your group of four, i'm guessing that will be your best option (SuperShuttle will cost you $27/pp, metro i'm guessing would be cheaper, but more of a hassle... and when looking at the cost of a taxi at ~$12.50/pp, proably best to just get the door-to-door service.

Thanks for sharing your win and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The Washington Monument is free, but does require a ticket. The ticket kiosk for the monument, located at the base of the monument on 15th street opens at 8:30 am to distribute free tickets on a first come first serve basis. One person may pick up to six tickets maximum. All individuals (including children must have a ticket). During the spring and summer, tickets traditionally go very quickly for the entire day. The line for tickets have started as early as 7:30 am, please plan accordingly.

If you care to reserve a ticket(s) in advance you may do so by going to either visiting the National Park Service ticketing website http://www.reservation.gov or by calling 1.877.444.6777, for group reservations only call 1.877.559.6777. There is a $1.50 fee per order to reserve tickets ahead of time. These tickets may be picked up at the

Thanks!

Is it correct that after 9/11, the only way to visit the white house is to contact your member of congress and have a background check? I just read that on wikipedia - is that correct?

And do you know how I can get tickets to get inside the Washington Monument? I heard the view from it should be amazing

• 2 weeks later...

The tickets for 8:30 at the Washington Monument are to go up - plan to get there earlier, though. You can go around, and up to the building at any time, I think (we went at 10:00 pm). And yes, we were told by a guard that you must contact your congress person to be granted a White House tour.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]