Priceline Hotel: 3* Los Angeles (Airport LAX) Hilton Los Angeles Airport

genx
By genx,
in

Hi Guys,

First post, long time lurker.... not sure this is the correct forum or not... but I need some help....

I am heading down to LA June 25-27, need to book a hotel... what areas have good value... will be down there just sightseeing... Want to see walk of fame, pacific coast highway, shopping at ontario outlets, see museem and try some restuarants... also will be heading to vegas after the 27th (driving)... I was orginal looking at 4* i beverly hills but there price seem very high for the days I am there.. I have bid upto 120 for those days with no luck... what do you guys suggest...

Also, I am going to need to rent a car... I would like something comfortable.. was thinking standard... do you think this is a good bet... and what would you betting strategy be for that... need the car for a week...

GenX

ps. i used the link to book my past trips on PRICELINE.

Welcome to BetterBidding! <officially>

I haven't been to the area in a LONG time, but would the Hollywood zone work for your needs at all as it sits adjacent to the Beverly Hills zone. Also, Downtown hotels seem to offer tremendous value, but not sure how convenient it is for the typical tourist, as it's not bid nearly as often as the other two zones.

What about lowering your minimum star level to 3 stars?

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll try to advise accordingly.

Now that you're registered, please be in the habit of sharing your wins... it is the lifeline of the board and the information helps other users.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the response... I heard that hollywood has some shady area and not really sure if the wife would want to stay there. I have read that 2.5 have free parking so that maybe a bonus to consider... this is is more general question, but when you book the lower star hotels like holiday inn on priceline do they include perks like free breakfast? I know HOTWIRE does this but wasnt sure if that was the case with PRICELINE.

I will definatly post my winning bid, I only won once before..

Thanks agian for any insight.

GenX

I have read that 2.5 have free parking so that maybe a bonus to consider...
In most cities that might be true but not in LA. Even some 1* and 2* hotels in LA's popular tourist areas charge to park. The Hollywood Motel 6 charges for parking and it's valet only!

You should plan on paying to park in LA; then consider yourself lucky if you happen to win a hotel where parking is free. Lower rated hotels tend to have lower parking charges.

when you book the lower star hotels like holiday inn on priceline do they include perks like free breakfast? I know hotwire does this but wasnt sure if that was the case with priceline.
You get whatever perks the fullpaying guests get. If they get free breakfast so do you. But full service Holiday Inns rated 3* or 2.5* rarely have free breakfast. The free breakfast is at Holiday Inn Express, and those are usually rated 2*.
Thanks agian for any insight.
Right now your best hotel bang for the buck around LA might be bidding for a 3* in the Burbank-Glendale-Universal City zone. I haven't checked your dates but people are reporting 3* wins there for under $60. It's a central location with good freeway access for getting to the scattered attractions you want to visit. But you'll pay to park there too.

Or try for the 2.5* in Manhattan/Redondo Beach. Residence Inn there has free parking and free breakfast. It's a much less central location than Burbank/Glendale though, south of the airport.

If you don't want suburbs then your $120 limit could be enough for a 3* in Beverly Hills/WeHo.

okay, was successful for night before departure

Lax - June 30 -$60

First Try:

Bid 1 - 50 (lax)

Bid 2 - 53 (lax, lawndale)

Bid 3 -55 (lax, lawndale, west beverly hills)

Later Tried Again:

Bid 4 - 57

Bid 5 - 60

Was not successfully on car rental, attempted bids of $10-$14 for a standard car in the past week. (dates jun 25- jul 1)

Also have decided on were to stay for the first two days in la, so havent bid on that yet.

GenX

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]