Priceline Hotel: Los Angeles Priceline Hotel Help

judgedirt
By judgedirt,
in

Hello all. I am new to this and have read tons of helpful posts on this site. For the past three days, I have sought a hotel deal on PRICELINE for June 15-18 and have been shot down every time. The areas I am interested in are Santa Monica-Marina Del Rey and Redondo-Manhattan Beach. Based on the results posted here, I started bidding around $45 for 3* and topped out at $60 for 2.5*, adding Lawndale for free rebids. It looks like several posters have gotten the Redondo Beach Crowne Plaza repeatedly in this price range, for example. Am I doing something wrong here? Thanks.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Rates are date specific, so rates could be higher for your dates (or even just one nite of your stay) compared to when others have won the Crowne Plaza. Rates at the Crowne Plaza start at $199/nite for your dates above... how high are you willing to go for a 3* in either zone? How high will you bid for a 2.5*? Do you have a back-up plan should you not be successful with PRICELINE?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for your reply. Every day I go in and bid a bit higher--I was planning to do this until reaching some imaginary limit of about $100. for a 3-star. But I don't have a plan for what to do if that stategy doesn't pan out and I guess I need to come up with one. My main concern was that since I was getting rejected for prices others won repeatedly I thought maybe I was doing something wrong.

Sorry I was using the wrong link to PRICELINE. I will use the forum's PRICELINE link in the future to ensure that the site is credited.

Do you want to bid up to your limit for a 3* before trying for a 2.5*?

You can bid more systematically than you have been, as well as be able to bid a few times every 24 hours by bidding in a specific sequence... let us know and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I prefer 2.5* over 3* in this zone. If you win the 2.5* Residence Inn you'll get free parking, free internet, and free breakfast buffet. At the Crowne Plaza it's $16/night parking, $9.95/day internet, and however much you want to spend in the hotel restaurant for breakfast. Also a suite at ResInn vs a regular room at CP. Crowne Plaza's big advantage over ResInn is that it's across the street from the beach, whereas ResInn's more inland and you have to drive to the beach.

I know your preferences might not match mine but if you want ResInn I would just bid for the 2.5* and skip the 3*. If Crowne Plaza has a cheaper PRICELINE rate than ResInn your 2.5* bid will be upgraded.

Good luck!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]