Priceline Hotel: Montreal Help

danehycr
By danehycr,
in

Do you know if there is some event in town that would account for the higher demand?

Some dates that were won on Priceline for $50 or were when prevailing rates were about $150/nite... for you nites conventional rates are about $185.

Unfortunately you don't have any re-bids at the 3* level so i would suggest starting at about $60 and raising your bid by $5 every 72 hours (but before bidding again see if rates have come down at all).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have a somewhat different take on this. The Hyatt Montreal has been coming up a lot and Hyatt.com has a summer promo rate of $134 for your dates. As I've seen at least one successful bid at $40 when the lowest hyatt.com rate was $162, and you've got some time, why not try a lowball? I would second thereuare's strategy, but starting at $40 instead of $60.

Good luck!

I didn't see the promo rate (it was below the pagefold) and only saw the $186 Hyatt.com rate. Based upon the lower rate i second TravelGuy's strategy.

Given the promo rate being less than the Hyatt.com rate, would you think Priceline rates are loaded into the system based upon the Hyatt.com rate, Rack Rate, or lowest available rate (which in this case would be the promo rate).

Thanks again for pointing out the promo rate.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]