Hotwire Hotel: 4* NYC (MTC) Sheraton New York Hotel and Towers

citylover
By citylover,
in

Well heading to NY again. I have been checking Hotwire & prices are a bit high. I have been very lucky in the past using Hotwire so hope I find somthing I want again.

Trying to ID these two hotels. I do not see any reference to them on the NY Hotel list so wondering if anyone knows.

3* MTE $143 Fitness/Restaurant

3* MTC $131 Fitness/Restaurant

Thanks

Hotwire's hotel search is currently down so i haven't been able to do anything with this yet... but will try to follow-up as soon as it's back up (i know, your dates are fast approaching).

While we're wating, what were the prices of these? We've been seeing some very inexpensive bids accepted on Priceline at the 4* level for the near months so that may be an alternative for you. Only problem is that the Monday nite rate goes up at a lot of properties... of course i'd first recommend bidding the nites all together, but if that didn't work would you consider SPLITTING THE BID? (or maybe you won't even consider Priceline... which is ok too)

Do you have a back-up reservation?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I tried Hotwire late last night also.. and yes it was shutdown. I found from my last booking with them that sometimes happens late at night. I also discovered from last time that their prices can change more than once during a 1hr period so I frequently go in to check.

Just went in now (it is 7:45am) and

MTE 3* fitness/rest is $146 MTC 3* fitness/rest is $131

MTE 4* fitness/rest is $193 Times SQ Boutique/Rest/Fitness 3* $141

Most of the others 4176 to $190 range

To anser your ques. No I do not have a back-up reservation.

Re Priceline could consider it but I do prefer Hotline. I have only used Priceline once and that was a few yrs ago for a destination in Texas. Worked well I must say. I know taht with Priceline I would most likely get the Hyatt or Hilton which I really don't want but may have to go that route.

I'm thinking to keep trying Hotwire for a bit today & then if nothing pans out I could try Priceline. I also remembered it is Father's Day this weekend so that could account for some unavailability.

There amenity icons don't really give us much to go on.

Since my prior research showed that Monday is in higher demand, i broke the dates up with Hotwire just to see what happened. For the first 2 nites both Sheratons seem to be available at a reasonable price as does the Inter-Continental Barclay. Then for the last nite prices jump although the 3* hotels above are still available in the $130's.

If you don't mind changing hotels and are happy with either the Sheratons or the Barclay i would try for those for the first two nites and then:

1) Bid the last nite on Priceline or

2) Take the 3* on Hotwire so that you'll know for next time what it is and if you like it (seems as if you travel to NYC 'every now and then')

We'll see if this one goes down to the wire like your last trip!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes I thought about teh split jut prior to seeing your note. I don't mind changing hotels may do that. You mentioned the 2 Sheratons. I have stayed at the Manhatten Sheraton & know that is the one with teh pool. Wich one is the other Sheraton?

Did youget a handle on those two 3* hotels? What they are?

One is the Sheraton New York (and towers) while the other is the Sheraton Manhattan. They're both located right near each other.

There just isn't enough info to go on to try and figure out those 3* hotels, which is why i suggested taking a one-nite stand at one of them... you'll then know for future trips if it's a place you want to stay again (and select it if presented to you again for a NYC trip).

Personally i wouldn't want to go totally blind for 3 nites when i could split the dates and get a 4* hotel (which is believed to have been identified) for about the same money for the first 2 nites... for the last nite i'd then either bid Priceline or pick-up one of the 3* Hotwire properties.

• 3 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]