Priceline Hotel: Los Angeles Bidding Help

pwbk
By pwbk,
in

Hi everyone,

So most things I see on here are for MUCH shorter stays, so I know I'm at a disadvantage there. I was thinking of trying HOTWIRE instead because it seems like it's easier to pick there.

I would most like to stay in Hollywood or West Hollywood because I'm considering not renting a car, but if it's cheap enough, I'll rent a car and stay anywhere that is not LAX. I'm hoping to spend under $120/night, preferably closer to $100 and I would really like to have high-speed internet, but I can live without it.

So, any suggestions on how to approach this?

There are certainly hotels within your budget.

If you search HOTWIRE for the entire stay above there is even a 4* property in the Downtown zone at $113/nite, but it's not clear if you're looking for the 'best' (ie- highest rated) hotel you can get within your budget OR if you're looking for the least expesive 2* or better hotel for these dates.

I'll also caution regarding 2 star hotels in general, especially for a long stay such as this one... while some 2 star properties may be acceptable to you, there are likely some which are not, and with PRICELINE you can't choose which type you will get.

Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

As you can tell from other posts, you can win the Hyatt in West Hollywood for around $120 for example. You can also get the Best Western Sunset Plaza on Sunset Strip for around $125 directly through the hotel without any bidding.

I would NOT recommend staying in Downtown LA, especially without a car. It's mostly a business district and not pleasant to walk around at night or on the weekends when it's deserted. Stick with Hollywood or West Hollywood as you have planned.

I would also highly recommend for you to rent a car. It's really hard to rely on either HOTWIRE or PRICELINE without having a car. You may get a hotel that's not very convenient to get around LA without a car (which is already hard). Don't bid on anything under 3 star as you may get stuck at a Universal Studios hotel, which won't be convenient.

I always the PRICELINE and [url="http://www.betterbidding.com/clicks/click.php?afsrc=1&id=33"]HOTWIRE[/url] links from this board for my purchase!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]