IL Chicago Sheraton Skyline Suites ORD

tinnub
By tinnub,
in

Hotel has free shuttle from airport and is about a 10 min. ride. Open atrium of 12 stories. Room is large with separate sitting area with wet bar, couch, and TV. Bedroom adjoins with nice new Sheraton bed and TV. Rest of the room is somwhat dated, but was clean and comfortable. Check in was professional and no mention of Priceline. Atrium has restaurant with decent, unexceptional food but fairly reasonable prices for hotel restaurant. Bar is located off the atrium.

Overall, quite a nice stay at PL rate of $42, for night after arrival or before taking off from ORD.

• 10 months later...

This place is a steal at $35. This was for a Friday evening; the shuttle from ORD was filled -- some people had to stand -- with Continental Airlines crew and people who had mechanical delays on their flight.

Still, the place was deserted. When I'd look around the atrium not a single person would be on any hallway. I got a ninth-floor corner suite with a scenic view of a McDonald's. (I guess the rooms that have a view of the Grand Tetons go to normal-paying guests. Just kidding.) The suite could easily accommodate several people (hanging around, not sleeping). The minibar was more like a vending machine type thing than a standard refrigerator; soft drinks were $1.75, relatively cheap in minibar terms, but only $1 in the vending machine down the hall.

One "design flaw" in my suite was that a big TV was in the front room and a small TV was in the bedroom. I would have switched them. The bed was comfy and had oodles o' pillows. I briefly contemplated intentionally missing my flight to sleep in. :)

The pool/ hot tub/ sauna is open from 5am to 11pm. The pool was quite warm. The "fitness center" is just a few exercise machines beside the pool.

The shuttle leaves the hotel for ORD every half-hour before 6am and every 20 minutes after 6am, ie, 5am, 5.30, 6, 6.20, 6.40, 7.... This property has its own shuttle; don't use a shuttle for a different Starwood property. It doesn't stop at the Rosemont L station and it's not a reasonable walk there either, so the best way into downtown is to take the shuttle to ORD and take the L from there.

I don't think parking is free, because there was a manned booth at the entrance to the lot. Maybe you can park in an adjacent lot on weekends or something (it's in an office park). Maybe.

I live in Chicago and stayed here because I had an early flight the next morning and wanted to cut down on the hassle. This turned out to be a good plan. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]