Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston (Quincy-Faneuil-Financial) Millenium Bostonian

IBDP
By IBDP,
in

My only thought would be to ask if you are willing to split your dates. At least on HOTWIRE, it looks like 5/1 might be your expensive date. There's currently a 4* Quincy Market (Omni Parker House?) for $129/night for 5/2 - 5/7. Maybe it could be had for less on PRICELINE. You could try bidding 5/2 - 5/7 and then see if they come back with an acceptable price for extending the stay on 5/1.

Good luck!

I agree (and nice work, Liset :) )

If SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID is an option i would consider either taking the HOTWIRE offer for $129/nite for 5/2-5/7 (our best guess too is the Omni Parker House) or trying to bid that nite thru PRICELINE.

If you're really opposed to changing hotels the same property does appear for 5/1 but at $269/nite... but hopefully your plans are flexible enough that you'll be able to stay someplace else for the first nite (although it may still likely cost you more than the $129 or less than the other nites)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you both so much for the advice. I decided this morning to try and break up the bid. I will start a new topic for the particulars. Thereuare, do I not access priceline through savingsbarn.com any longer. I accessed today through your link in your reply to me, but where is this link in the body of your forum?

Thank, Donna

I tried in vain to win the Hyatt Harborside for 5/1-5/4; the 5/1 to 5/3; bid up to $110.00. Then bid just 5/1 to 5/2 Logan-nothing up to $125.00; added Quincy Market at $135.00; got the Millennium for one night; was able to add a night at the same price.

Now for 5/3-5/7. Any thoughts?

Kind regards

I'd love to help, but I think I may be a bit confused. The way I read your post, it seems you extended your stay at the Millenium the night of 5/3. So, I'm not sure if you are looking for 5/3 - 5/7 or 5/4 -5/7. (BTW, it was only a one night stay, but I've been at the Millenium and enjoyed it.) Also, you mentioned the Hyatt Harborside. Is staying there your preference?

If you are looking for the Hyatt Harborside for 5/4 - 5/7, what is most likely the Hyatt is currently listed on HOTWIRE for $123/night. If this is your prefence, you could either book it through HOTWIRE or see if you can win it for a lower bid on PRICELINE. But note that a 4* Logan win could give you either the Hyatt or Hilton. For me either would be fine (I slightly prefer the Hilton), but if you prefer the Hyatt and $123 is acceptable I'd go with HOTWIRE.

If you are looking looking for 5/4 - 5/7 and don't want to change hotels, there's a 3.5* Quincy Market Hotel that is probably the Millenium on HOTWIRE FOR $134/night. For 5/3 - 5/7 what seems to be the same hotel is $129/night. Note, the Millenium is a 4* hotel on PRICELINE and a 3.5* on HOTWIRE.

If you can clarify your dates and preferences/priorities I can try to help further.

And of course, if your zone/hotel preferences are open, thereuare can provide a bidding strategy for either set of dates.

Congratualtions on your partial success.

You did correctly, no more SB, please use the PRICELINE links on BetterBidding (often in the body of our messages, in the signature in my posts, the search boxes at the top of the page, and in the support page).

I believe what happened was that IBDP won the nite of 5/2 and then used the "add a nite feature" to add the nite of 5/1... so this stay is for 5/1-5/3 and now needs the balance of the stay from 5/3-5/7.

Please start a NEW TOPIC for the balance of the stay and we'll advise accordingly in that new threads.

Thanks for sharing your win and for using our PRICELINE links to begin your bidding.

Enjoy this leg of your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]