CA Santa Monica Doubletree Suites

Scorp
By Scorp,
in

I have to tell you I really enjoyed this hotel! I thought they treated me really well, the staff were friendly and efficient, and I loved my two-room suite and its pleasant and comfortable furnishings. While the hotel does not have much of a view, it is a short walk to beaches, shopping, restaurants and bus stops (if you don't want/need a car). And Santa Monica is such a cool place!

I believe all of the rooms in this hotel are suites, with a bedroom and living room plus bath. I had a very comfy king bed and the living room included a couch or sofa bed, upholstered chair, second TV, wet bar area with counter and a minibar. The desk was a two-parter, with a section that swung out to create a larger L-shaped work area and the adjustable swivel chair was leather. Furnishings and wallpaper were muted yellows and greens, very refreshing.

Some rooms have a small outdoor balcony. Some are arranged front to back and the living room window faces the inner atrium area. My suite was side by side and both windows faced outdoors. It was nice and bright and not much of a view but quite quiet really considering that I was at the end of the building near the freeway entrance.

The staff will provide a small fridge and/or microwave for $10/day. However, if you are like me and just need room for some extra milk or juice, you can probably find room in the existing minibar.

The hotel has a fitness room and an outdoor pool/spa with very comfortable patio furniture. Housekeeping was also good at this hotel. Really, a very solid choice for a Santa Monica visit and a great deal at $70/night for this popular and rather pricey area.

• 6 years later...

The previous review is accurate- the Doubletree Suites in Santa Monica is quite nice, and especially good for families with children because of the extra space. One thing I wanted to add was about parking. Self parking at the hotel is $18, and valet is $22. There is a Santa Monica city parking structure across the street, but it is $8 per calendar day, so overnight parking is $16, plus you have to pay each time you come in and out. If you are willing to walk a few blocks, there is pretty easy street parking in the residential blocks just south and west of the intersection of Pico and 4th. Those streets (Bay, 5th, 6th, Pacific) don't have any resident restrictions, and are about 1/3 of a mile from the hotel, so about a 7 minute walk. For me it was worth saving $18.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]