Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Oakland-Eastbay (Berkeley-Emeryville) Hilton Garden Inn

JamesT
By JamesT,
in

Well, I've been bidding on rooms in USE and USW but recently I turned my attention to Emeryville. Reason being is because I'll be there for my sister's graduation (UC Berkeley) and she suggested that I stay in Emeryville. This is the first time I was given a counter offer and would like some help.

Bidding on 2 Rooms

-Emeryville 3* $63 - Rejected

-Emeryville free bid (Castro Valley) 3* $65 - Rejected

-Emeryville Free bid (Livermore) 3* $68 - Rejected

Logged off, logged back in

-Emeryville 2.5* $60 Priceline countered (raise $17)

I'm skipping this for now, being that it asked me to pay $80+/nt (including tax and service charge) for a 2.5*. I read in other post that I have to wait 72hours to rebid? All this time I thought I only had to wait 24 hours. :)

The lock-out period is only 24 hours... it used to be 72 hours but about 2 years ago it was reduced to 24 hours.

What is your maximum bid for this stay for a 2.5* property? (or was $60 your limit)

Let us know your maximum bid and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Priceline will almost always accept less than their counteroffer. The strike price is somewhere between $61 and $77. My best guess is it's between $65 and $70.

There are no free rebids for 2.5* in Berkeley/Emeryville as every East Bay zone has 2.5* or higher. If you want to beat Priceline's $77 counteroffer you can wait 24 hours from your rejected bid and try higher than $60.

You can bump up $1 every 24 hours until you hit. The risk to that plan is that the 2.5* hotel will sell out before you get it. Over commencement weekend that's a real possibility.

Personally I'd try $65 or $70 next. But how much you raise your bid is up to you.

My approach would be as follows:

Select 3* Berkeley...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and re-access thru our link to PRICELINE

Select 2.5* Berkeley and bid $65.

If the above is rejected i'd wait 24 hours and try again as follows:

Select 3* Berkeley...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and re-access thru our link to PRICELINE

Select 2.5* Berkeley and bid $70.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please keep us updated... good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks guys,

Won 2 rooms at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge for $70/nt each. Considering it's commencement weekend (I'm going for my younger sister's graduation) and labor day weekdend, I think it a great price. The rooms go for $149/nt at Hilton.com.

Two days ago I tried...

Two Rooms

Select 3* Berkeley...

Bid $60, rejected

Bid $65, add re-bid zone - rejected

Bid $70, add re-bid zone - rejected

Select 2.5* Berkeley and bid $68.

Yesterday,

Two Rooms

Select 3* Berkeley...

Bid $71, rejected

Bid $73, add re-bid zone - rejected

Bid $75, add re-bid zone - rejected

Select 2.5* Berkeley and bid $70. Accepted!!!

Thanks a lot guys for helping me with my first PRICELINE bid win.

James

Congratulations on your win and thank you for sharing it with the board.

Glad to hear that you're happy with the results and that the board was helpful in your bidding.

If youd didn't above, please remember to use our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your future travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Glad that worked, JamesT.

If you've got time I recommend visiting Cesar Chavez Park in Berkeley and watching the kite flyers. The park has perfect wind conditions for flying kites. Kite enthusiasts drive from all over the Bay to show off their best kites and flying skills there. Cesar Chavez Park is next to the Doubletree Hotel at I-80 and University Avenue. It's fun and it's free! Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]