Priceline Hotel: 3* Anchorage Sheraton

earlthepearlferrell
By earlthepearlferrell,
in

We only get credit if a purchase is made... but using our PRICELINE link is a good habit to be in. As well, we often hear "i dind't use the link because i didn't expect to win", so if it's worth bidding, then it's worth taking a moment to click thru our link. :)

What are the date(s) you're trying for?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

June 30, 2008

Summer is peak season up there, so I'm not expecting much. My train gets in at 8pm from Denali. With $119 being a good summer rate for the Extended Stay Downtown, I am not going to completely overbid. I'm headed down to Seward the day after that. However, at some point, if the rooms in Anchorage don't fill up, are the odds that they will likely allot some to PRICELINE?

Yes, it's always a function of supply vs. demand.

If a hotel doesn't believe they will likely sell the rooms on their own, then they'll offer to the opaque suppliers at a discount... but as you point out, that's a BIG if since its high season. Is $160 your maximum bid to 'upgrade' over the ESA?

Please also note as per the support page that we're an affiliate of the Extended Stay brands so please use our links for your future direct purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Saw a 3.5 star on Hotwire today in Central Anchorage for $139...figured I could undercut that by about 10%. Only 1 free rebid, so I didn't want to mess with it too much.

1st bid...$126 for a 3 star in Anchorage...ACCEPTED!

Hotel retails at about $269/night

2 rooms, 1 night 6/30

Sheraton Anchorage Hotel

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $126.00

Subtotal: $252.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $41.66

Total Charges*: $293.66

I'll pay the $7 to upgrade from the ESA to the Sheraton anytime.

Will my 1 year old qualify for a Sweet Sleeper Crib???

Congratulations on your win!

Glad to see you stuck with this one and inventory opened up. Certainly seems like a great deal and definately worth $7 more than the ESA!

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and for using our PRICELINE links to begin your bidding.

Have a great trip!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]