Priceline Hotel: 2* Seattle (University-Northgate) Extended StayAmerica Northgate

Colfax
By Colfax,
in

I hit the Triple Crown on my Seattle trip---Days Inn, Travelodge, and Extended Stay America.

:)

Extended Stay America-Northgate

13300 Stone Avenue North

Seattle, WA 98133

Rejected bids:

$60/3* University-Northgate

$45/2* University-Northgate

The $45 bid got a $13 counteroffer. I added Lake Union at $50 and won this.

$79.99 at extstay.com. $56 on Hotwire.

Bids placed through BetterBidding's PRICELINE link.

At least this one was (hopefully) better than the Travelodge Space Needle.... so you're on the upswing
xtStay was better than the Travelodge like gout is better than cancer. You can hear every word through the paper thin walls at this ExtStay.

I don't like ExtStay brand and I dislike the Northgate ExtStay in particular because all by itself it's the hotel that ruined Priceline bidding in Seattle for me. I used to win the Holiday Inn Express on Aurora Avenue all the time. It was my "regular place" in Seattle and no other 2* hotel ever came up. HIE had a professional staff, nice rooms (with soundproofing), daily housekeeping, ample breakfast, and a large indoor pool.

I haven't been able to win that HIE since the minute ExtStay joined Priceline in 2004. The two hotels aren't remotely in the same class. As 2* hotels go on a 1-10 scale I'd rate the Holiday Inn Express a 9 and the ExtStay a 2. (I give ExtStay one point for not having bedbugs.) I keep trying 2* in the Northgate zone in hopes the HIE will come up again. I've lost that gamble a few times now and I'm not going to try again.

Not the trifecta you were hoping for
This trip was exceptionally bad for hotels. If Priceline was always like this I'd quit using Priceline. I have to go back to Seattle in a couple weeks and I promise the hotels will be better next time, even if I have to stay in Issaquah or Olympia.
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]