Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Fresno (Central and University) La Quinta Fresno

pterrell
By pterrell,
in

Decided at after 8:00pm PST to spend the night in Fresburg, so went to Hotwire, thinking it was time to get another Entertainment Book and the $10 rebate. So with some paperwork, I'll come out ahead a few bucks over Priceline.

Used the Betterbidding search to start, then went to the rebate page, and then got kicked off the dial-up connection. Hope Betterbidding gets credit for the deal.

And I got a room with fridge and microwave. :) When I checked in, Paul the desk clerk said I had a great name. So I laughed and asked if that give me an upgrade to a room with the fridge and microwave. He spent a few minutes changing the info on the reservation. Now the wife has her drinks and cut fresh fruit in the fridge.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to hear of your fridge and microwave upgrade... another example of how it pays to be nice. :)

Can you please add the amenities shown before your purchase to this thread, they should still be viewable by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top of their home page.

Thanks for clicking our HOTWIRE link before going to the designated url page.

Hope you enjoyed your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Copy and paste is the easiest method :)

It helps to still list the amenities since we like to use it as a 'historical perspective'... the amenities in the hotel list often change and are updated as we get additional info on properties, but the amenities listed in the posts aren't edited. This way, in the future, if we are trying to identify a new listing, and suspect it may be a hotel already reported to the board but with different amenities, we can refer back to old posts for that hotel and see if the amenities have perhaps 'reverted back' to what they were previously.

Not sure if i'm explain clearly enough so i'll try to explain:

Hotel A is reported as: Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Complimentary Breakfast, Laundry and appear in the hotel list as such

Few weeks later we get a report of new amenities for Hotel A:

Restaurant, Complimentary Breakfast, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry and update the hotel list accordingly

Weeks/months/years later we are trying to ID a hotel with:

Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Complimentary Breakfast, Laundry

... using the hotel list othing matches, but if we suspect it is Hotel A, then we can do a search on the board and see that this property has in the past been seen with this amenity combination, and perhaps the amenities have 'reverted back' to what they were previously.

Hope that makes sense and why we request the amenities in each post... besides making it easier for users to see the amenities without clicking thru to multiple posts/threads on the board.

Thanks!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]