Hotwire Hotel: 3* Los Angeles (Arcadia-Monrovia) Courtyard

Peter Pan
By Peter Pan,
in

Hi there,

I really want to win a bid at this place as it is very close to a few locations i need to have access to.

The last reported bid was from over 2 years ago in this forum for $60 for a single night stay.

Has anyone else been able to win this hotel?

The biggest problem in this zone is the "other" 3* that's Radisson Suites which I've actually stayed at.

Is there any tricks I can play to avoid the Radisson at all?

I need this whitin the next two weeks and dates and no. of nights are flexible.

Thanks for any help that you can give.

Is there any tricks I can play to avoid the Radisson at all?

No there aren't. To use Priceline you have to be willing to accept any qualifying hotel within the zone's boundaries, including the Radisson. With no recent win reports from the Pacific Palms we don't even know if they still participate in Priceline.

Have you checked your dates on HOTWIRE? Do you see anything there that might be the Pacific Palms? Post the dates and icons here and someone will try and identify the hotel.

Thanks for the quick response.

Yea I've tried HOTWIRE but they don't even have any hotels in that specific zone.

My thoughts are also the same as yours, I don't think Pacific Palms is participating any longer cause the past couple of times I've bid on a 3* in this zone I've ended up in the Radisson which is a decent hotel specially with a renovation going on right now but the Palms is just smack in the middle of where I should stay :)

I guess I'll just try my luck with the 3* in this zone again and let you all know if by any chance I get the Palms.

Thanks.

I guess I'll just try my luck with the 3* in this zone again and let you all know if by any chance I get the Palms.

I hope you'll post your results even if you don't win the Pacific Palms, Peter Pan. Every posted win helps someone else.

For others reading this I'll mention that we're talking about the West Covina zone.

If you don't like the 3* Radisson what about bidding 2.5*? Would the 2.5* Courtyard in that zone work better for you? If you try for 2.5* don't be surprised if your bid gets upgraded though.

Yes I'll definitely follow up on this either way.

I might actually try the Courtyard as prospects of a renovated room @ Radisson Suites is rather slim on a PL booking I believe and the Courtyard rooms appear (in the pictures at least) better than the regular Radisson rooms. What would be a good starting point to bid on this Courtyard?

With the caveat that you can't bid on a particular hotel?

What would be your maximum bid?

Well I've got the choice for the 3* Courtyard in Arcadia which I liked very much the last time I stayed in for $50 through Hotwire coming up for a few of the nights I'm staying and then I'm willing to go as far as ONT where I can get comfy 3* rooms for around $50 through PL so I'm not sure what to really bid on the 2.5* in this zone! I guess my maximum would be $41 for this */zone. What do you think?

Of course I know it all depends on occupancy factors but I have a few nights I can work with so I can vary my dates and try the bids so what do you think I should open my bid with?

Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia

Very nice place overall with helpful staff and good access to freeways/restaurants.

This will cover the end of my stay in this area, now I need to look for something for the first few days.

This hotel came up on the 21st but at the $50 rate.

2nd. stay after a very happy stay last week for $50/night and thanks to this board for the hotel list the first time around.

Used the HOTWIRE link from this site.

Many thanks.

Congratulations on your success.

Glad to hear you got part of your stay resolved and that the board was helpful.

Can you please add the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view these by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top of their home page.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Enjoy this leg of your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]