Are Priceline 'deals' harder to get?

ufauxreal
By ufauxreal,
in

Is it just me, or are others finding Priceline deals harder to get? I try to bid using an educated guesstimate, based on prior bids listed for the same properties. Last year, I was getting priceline acceptances with the first or second try... no such luck this year. I bid on a property using the price I paid on the same property, for the same weekend as last year... and was rejected. Upped it $5 more dollars... rejected again, and then a third time.

Have the prices gone up drastically since last year?? Are less properties using Priceline this year??

JB

Was completely unsuccessful in NYC for this coming Monday night. No surprise, as every property I would have considered was completely sold out! In the end I nabbed an award night at the Sheraton Russell. Turns out that it was the last room available there, too! (In fact every SPG property in Manhattan was, at least as of yesterday noontime, completely sold out -- all 13 of them!)

Travel picks up, fewer opportunities for picking up distressed inventory.

At the same time, though, I recently nabbed 12 room nights at the Grand Hyatt in DC for less than $70/night when the prepaid web rate on the Hyatt website was $300... so deals still exist!

i'm with gleff, deals still exist. for example, i just got 4 nights at the 3* millenium downtown in st. louis for $35 a night (online rate was $89). yeah, it was in st. louis in june, but priceline has always been better for cities with lower demand at quieter times in my experience. despite higher occupancy rates (if that's the case), i would imagine priceline's corporate negotiators aren't prepared to give up either.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]