Priceline Hotel: 3* Orange County (Disneyland) Hilton Anaheim

melbourn
By melbourn,
in

hello. i have visited this board several times over the past couple of years, but am a new poster. i apologize if this post is in the wrong location, etc.

i am attempting to stay in the Disneyland Resort area (close to park) from 4/9/08 - 4/15/08. over the past week, i have tried the following bids -

bid: Disneyland Area / 3* / $54

re-bid 1: DL Area + Anaheim Hills / 3* / $55

re-bid 2: DL + AH + Laguna Beach / 3* / $56

re-bid 3: DL + AH + LB + Laguna Hills & Mission Viejo / 3* / $57

re-bid 4: DL + AH + LB + LH&MV + Seal Beach / 3* / $58

i have tried the same bidding strategy several days now with $1 or $2 increments up to $65. i've set my threshold at $65 for priceline and will settle for less desirable hotels if i am unable to get the 3*. priceline also has redlined anything under $45/night and is offering 2* at $59/night in their standard search.

my last attempt today before attempting to solicit feedback from this forum used the same bidding strategy as above but with shortened dates from 4/9 - 4/14 and 4/9 - 4/13.

any advice?

DL is not in spring break mode for my dates nor have i found anything large in the area calenders for conventions etc. i have also noted a couple of other successful priceline bids at $54 & $55 for 3* within a similar time frame.

thanks in advance!

-melbourn

HOTWIRE has a 3* in Disney North at $69. The icons match the Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites (although I don't guarantee that identity).

$69 is a little more than the $65 you've bid on Priceline but your bottom line could be less because the Holiday Inn has free parking while many (most?) of the other 3* in the zone charge to park.

If you want to try for a lower price than $69, or you don't want that Holiday Inn, then I suggest bidding PRICELINE from $55 to $65 for 4/11-4/15, a subset of dates you haven't tried yet.

Good luck and keep us posted!

partial success. i've split my bid and won as follows -

anaheim hilton (3*) 4/9 - 4/11 @ $54

anaheim hilton (3*) 4/11 - 4/12 @ $56

so now i need to look at the rest of the nights. i may wait longer and see if the hilton frees up any rooms ( i checked their web site and they seem to be sold-out on 4/13, 4/14).

it's nerve wracking, but the suggestion of splitting the bids seems to have paid off at least to some degree. thanks for the suggestion!

cheers,

-melbourn

Congratualtions on your <partial> success.

Glad to hear the suggestion to split your bid worked out well for you.

Thank you for sharing your results with the rest of the board.

Please start a NEW TOPIC if you would like help with the balance of your stay.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]