Priceline Hotel: 4* New Orleans (Downtown-Convention Center) Sheraton

yankeegirl
By yankeegirl,
in

Would prefer to be near FQ (don't need to actually be in it)

Which zones (by PRICELINE name) are you willing to accept? (remember, your hotel could be anywhere within the shaded boundaries of the zone)

Are you willing to pay more for a 4* vs. a 3* or is your goal the last expensive 3* or better hotel for these dates?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The only zones Priceline now offers in the "tourist areas" are either 1:French Quarter or 2:Downtown - Convention Center. The Garden District is too far out for us and only has 2* or below... The downtown area would be fine but we are looking to be close to the French Quarter so a hotel on the edges of that zone (away from the Quarter) might be too far out - a chance I guess you take with Priceline.

As far as price I would be willing to pay a bit more for a 4* but would not like to go too far above $70 if you think that is realistic...

....we are looking to be close to the French Quarter so a hotel on the edges of that zone (away from the Quarter) might be too far out - a chance I guess you take with Priceline.

But it's not a risk you have to take...

HOTWIRE has a 3* in the FQ zone for $69 (believe to likely be the Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne)... so if this is acceptable then you'd need to decide if you would prefer the location of this property or try for a 4* which may not be in your ideal location.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I did notice the $69 3* on Hotwire and I was thinking it could be the Holiday Inn... But I think since I have a bit of time before the trip I'd like to try for a 4*. Again being in the FQ isn't the top priority - I have stayed in the "Arts & Warehouse" district - what Priceline would call Convention Center - and it was fine. Risky I know - but I think for the sake of a "better" hotel it would be worth it. Thanks again for your help!

At the 4* level in New Orleans there are five re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* FQ...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70.

If the above is rejected, repeat using the Downtown zone intead of the French Quarter.

NOTE: if price is more important than your preference for the FQ over the Downtown zone, select both French Quarter and Downtown in your first round of bidding (and no need to repeat a second time)

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

OK - just to update - used your strategy adding Downtown, and also Boutiques giving me a total of 7 rebids upto $71 to no avail. I will try again after 24 hrs maybe going up as far as $85.

In the meantime... Hotwire has a 3* in Downtown area for $69, Cutomer Favorite, Comp. Breakfast, Fitness, Pool, Laundry, Hi Speed Internet - any ideas what this could be?

Also a 3* in the Convention Center - Arts for $54 which only shows Comp. Breakfast...???

Thanks for the hotel info.

I added Boutiques as a star level to give myself one more rebid - that level is only available on Priceline in the Downtown - CC zone. It seemed people who had won Boutiques in that zone in the forum had won the Wyndham Whitney - which would be fine with us - it seems like a nice property and the location is close enough...

I will try again after 24 hrs maybe going up as far as $85

OK, keep us updated.

Personally, I wouldn't necessarily recommend adding Boutique at the end of our bidding, as that star rating has a LOT of variation within it. While you could get the boutique property you expect, you could also receivea different one which may not work out as well for your plans.

OK - tried again today and got the Sheraton for $80. I'm pretty happy with this since it seems like a nice property and is right on Canal St - at the edge of the Quarter. I checked the rates for the stay at Sheraton's (Starwood) website and the lowest rate is $229 so it's obviously a substantial savings.

The bids: started with FQ 4* for $70 and added rebid zones with $2 increments until I got to $80. The reservation is for 2 rooms May 5 - 10, 2008, 5 nights. Note: I didn't add the Boutique level this time - realized you are right - it's a risk.

Anyway, thanks again for all your help, got a nice hotel in a great location, oh - I used the PRICELINE link of course!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to hear you were successful at just a few dollars above your desired budget.

This hotel is very close to the Quarter and i'm sure the location will work out just fine for your needs.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and for using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]